Hypnobirthing

Katied1

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the name of a good hypnobirthing cd/book please? I looked before but now can't remember the one that was recommended to me!! Thanks :) xx

i HAVE BEEN LISTENING TO MAGGIE HOWE.
SEEMS REALLY GOOD!!
OBVS NOT BEEN THROUGH LABOUR YET TO SE HOW WELL IT WORKS BUT AFTER BEING TERREIFIED AFTER BIRTH WITH MY SON i AM FEELING MUCH MORE RELAXED.
i ONLY HAVE THE CD AND NOT THE BOOK, I WAS ACTUALLY GOING TO ASK IF ANYONE HAS LISTENED DO YOU RECOMMEND GETTING THE BOOK ALSO?

I have not used either yet so I'm
Not sure how much use a book would be, thanks for replying x

Yep Maggie Howell is your lady!!

Get her CD's and her book as it is much more UK focused. She calls it 'natal hypnotherapy'

Marie Mongan is the founder of hypno-birthing and I found her book really interesting as it gave a very good historical account of how childbirth has become so medicalised... She is American though and her book is much more geared towards the US market.

The technique itself didn't work for me, but after a 50 hour labour I managed to find the strength to deliver bub without a tear or graze so maybe deep down listening to the CD had helped??

I'd still try this route again if we have number 2.

xxxxx

Last edited:
yes i think cd is more beneficial as it goes into subconscious, its a god send when i cant sleep at night, just put the cd walkman on and not long before im asleep!! Can never remember all cd, and remember different bits - but i hope its all going in there!!

So would you recommend getting the book too Carnat?? xx
Sounds like it did do something, my first labour was horrific!

I have not used either yet so I'm
Not sure how much use a book would be, thanks for replying x

The book was actually a lot more valuable to me personally as it goes into so much detail as to why labour is not to be feared and how the fear of childbirth makes it so much more of a difficult experience.

The CD is a relaxation tool but without the book you won't fully understand the principles of Natal Hypnotherapy [how and why it works, where it originates from etc...]

Also some of it makes for very enlightening reading... I even took notes as I found some of it so interesting :shock:

xxxxxxxx

Last edited:
I've only read the Mongan book, so nothing to compare it too, but would definitely recommend it. I found the cds a bit too airy fairy for me and so I didn't do the proper hypnotherapy side, but I used some of the visualization techniques during labour and just the frame of mind in believing I could do it helped me relax. I've had more painful periods than my worst contractions and I believe a lot of it was down to being relaxed.

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

These comments sound good. Might try this myself, both the book and CD. Although I'll probably nod off during the CD :) Keep us posted if you get one x

what's it called ? I want one.
welcome to tri 3 btw katie xx

Hi Bec!! It's the Maggie Howell perpetuation for birth hypnobirthing one x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27