hypnobirthing

Bubbles1987

Reaction score
Hi
Just wondering if anyone has had any experience of hynobirthing? Anyone used it before or on classes? My midwife mentioned to me today as now offering it in my area as trained midwife in their team. It is a 6week course but problem is cost £200. We really can't afford it especially since oh was in a and e this afternoon after sawing into his finger and won't work for next 2-3 days at least and self employed tree surgeon. Would really like to do it though as used to suffer from chronic fatigue and did a body mind programme which got me over this so I know the amazing power of mind. So just wondered what you ladies thought about it? Xxx

I used maggie howell's natal hypnotherapy cd. Got it for a fiver off eBay and listened to it frequently from 30 weeks. Worked amazingly well. Managed a 22hr labour on just a bit of g&a x

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I think its a ridiculous price! I had antenatal tonight and a lady came in to talk about it. I'm not personally interested but as Princess81 said... try ebay and do your own research online :)

Buy the Maggie Howell book and CD's much cheaper.

I say it didn't work with me but I did 36h at home with no pain relief and got to 5cm.

I had another hefty 14h after going to hospital BUT I had a lovely delivery - no tears or grazes and was up (having a wee) within 10 minutes.

So it must have helped to some degree??

xxxxxx

I bought the Maggie Howell book and CDs and did it myself at home. My labour and delivery were beautiful and I really felt a huge benefit from the hypno birthing, I was in the hospital for about 20 hours before my baby was born, no pain relief. I did have a tiny tear because he presented with his hand over his face. I did spend some time in a water pool too, but if I had to chose between water or hypno next time and could only use one I would pick the hypno. It just gave me a lovely sense of peace and I really felt that no matter what I could trust my body to do the right thing if I let it. Which probably sounds like a bonkers thing to say, but it's true.

I don't know how the classes could be of any more benefit to me, I read the book and listened to the Cds on my iPod every afternoon while I was laying quietly on the sofa. I had a miserable pregnancy for one reason or another but those times on the sofa are my happiest memories.

I bought the Maggie Howell CD too - but found it so relaxing I kept falling asleep whilst listening to it :)

I did try and use the techniques when labour started and found it easy to concentrate on at home, but once I got into hospital and started having a couple of labour problems, the whole thing went out the window...

So I would probably say do some research on it and try a cd / book set - £200 is a lot of money to fork out when you have so much more to buy.

xx

I've actually just booked this and paying 300! I know it's a lot but scared of labour so is money well spent if helps me! Mines the Mongan one I think - anyone know the difference between that and the other x

I've actually just booked this and paying 300! I know it's a lot but scared of labour so is money well spent if helps me! Mines the Mongan one I think - anyone know the difference between that and the other x

I think Mongan is American?? Perhaps I'm wrong. I liked maggie cos I related better to her voice x

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yep Marie Mongan is American so some of her book is much more US relevant.

Never had the classes so can't comment.

The principles are the same and I enjoyed the Marie Mongan book regardless of it not being totally relevant to the UK

xxxxxx

Come to think of it yes I think she is American. I also have a midwife running my course who has told me she is in hand for any questions throughout my pregnancy which is nice x

I had hypnotherapy going through ivf and it made an incredible difference to me so I'm really thinking about this, although the prices are scary.

Don't think I can justify the price especially when we do have so much more to buy. Am defiantly going to buy the book and cd though, am already watching a load on eBay! :) thanks for all your advice, think it sounds like it does help! Xxx

ive bought the cd because i panicked with my first birth and didnt know half of what happened i only found out when i went through my labour notes with my consultant and that really scared me. i have bought it in the hope it will keep me calm even if i have to have all the pain relife going i just dont want to panick like last time xx

I don't really think people get it to.avoid the need for pain relief, but for keeping your mind and body relaxed, it's much easier to Labour in a relaxed state than a tensed one iykwim? Xxxx

tapatalking!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back