hypnobirthing

titch

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone on here has given birth using hypnobirthing? I would love to hear your opinions and experiences...

I haven't hun but I do know Mervs mum has started the course so she's your woman ;)

It sounds amazing though :)

I've found a few different testimonials on the net.....I'll give you mine in about 10 weeks or so!! :lol:

looking forward to hearing all about it! I've seen some of the testimonials and they're so good! Wondered whether people would be more honest on a forum... cynical I know!

Are you all ready for it?

I just saw a clip of a TV documentary about hypnobirthing. It made me cry it was so perfect! Its on youtube called homebirth in britain part 3. Just incredible how calm it looks and how she's not being interfered with from every angle by health care professionals.

We were supposed to have a session last night but the lady is full of cold so she had to cancel. I am really psyched about it TBH. I just hope my MW can convince my hubby to plan for the home birth now. He says he's still 50/50 but I think he's leaning in the right direction.

I've read some really honest accounts on another forum too and they are all really positive. Varying degrees of raving about not having pain to it being painful BUT the techniques made it very easy to manage.

I'll check out that clip! :D

I am going to give it a go - Having decided that drugs are not what I want this time around I really want a peaceful and relaxed a birth as possible. I'm not sure about having sessions with a practitioner, Merv's Mum how are you finding this? Do you think its preferable to using a book and cd or do you use them alongside your classes? Its all so exciting!

Will you be looking for classes in south wales area then? The local website isnt very well developed!! I thinkI'll email her today just to get some initial info on how long her waiting list is and prices.

I have found some practitioners in Gloucester and Cheltenham, I havent looked in South Wales but it might be worth doing as we are very close to the border. Im mega into it already!

me too :) Im gonna show OH info on health in pregnancy grant and make him come. I think he'll be so keen once he gets there...always have to convince him whats good for him :roll:

We might end up in the same class if you come to south wales, you'll have to keep jokes about defrosting chicken to yourself!

Ah ha that would be nice! You'll have to let me know what practitioners you find and where they are. The internet is so amazing for information :)

Before booking, I read the book and I have one of the CDs but there are 2 and typically the one I dont have is the one I really need! :lol: You get the book and CD with the course though. I have only just started the sessions and I've spent my HIP money on them - they were £180 for 12 hours. I think that the sessions are going to prove to be well worth the money - in particular for OH. They are key to making it work because they will be the one reading affirmations or prompting you to try to get you on track and focused on the relaxation. I cant wait - I just know it's going to really help :)

wow, that so impressive! Its just occured to me in a very real way that Im going to do that!!!

it made me cry. That's how my birth is going to be.

horray! Im so excited about doing this hypnobirthing now!

I'm exactly like rosie's mummy i just do want drugs this time, i m sure it what made my labour like 20 hours and the birth is something that i'm scared of cos of last time.

I read the hypobirthing website a couple of nights ago, and its something that really appeals to me, might purchase the book and cd and investigate abit further.

I tried a hypnobirthing home study course in Hypnobirthing Hub. They have a step-by-step guide to natural, pain-free birth on CD’s and MP3’s as a birth preparation.It really helped me during my pregnancy, though I can’t say that it’s totally without pain. But I’m grateful because it stayed me calm and relaxed birth experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back