hypnobirthing..your experience

elisesmum

Reaction score
I just want to kmow if you or anyone you know has had one, im hoping to do it so im in control of my birth but just want to know what you think about it xx

Same here, I live in a rural area of Scotland, 2hrs away from maternity hospital so I want to be prepared for using the local birthing centre(that has very limited pain relief available) I will be buying the hypnobirthing package of books and CDs off amazon to relax me now and to get me geared up for labour. I'll be using that brittish woman's ones - maggie someone. Thanks for posting this thread, looking forward to what people say! X

I've been reading up on this and think I'll give it a go! Can't do any harm I suppose! X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I did natal hypnotherapy which is the British equivalent to hypnosis thing and I'd recommend it to anyone! I did the home birth version but ended up having to go to hospital. However I reached 8cm at home and progressed to 10cm very quickly once at hospital. The techniques I learnt enabled me to stay calm despite me not getting the home birth I'd wanted and I felt calm and controlled even when I was rushed to high dependency because Sebastian's heartbeat was dropping with every contraction and he was distressed. I remained in this calm state even after he arrived blue and not crying and was taken to the corner of the room and given to a paediatrician. I had a little bit of gas and air for three contractions before I had to push so it was a completely natural birth and I'd do it again tomorrow! I will def do natal hypnotherapy again if we have another baby!

I did it before birth and it did help with early labour but I was induced and had to be on a hormone drip so the hypnobirthing went right out the window and an epidural was the only option. Well worth it for the end of the pregnancy and the early labour part tho!
xxx

Mrs r, was it your first birth? What was the pain like, i know it wont be pain free will be far from that but every video i have seen they are calm with very little noise, i find it amasing that even after that you can stay so calm and relaxed x

Mrs n do you think if you wasnt induced tho you would of been able to cope through most of the birth without pain relief, i want to spend most of the labour at home and hopefully then have a water birth with only gas and air, how many cm did you manage to cope to til you had to have the epidural, i had to be induced with my first got up to 6/7cm without feeling to much pain but ended up having an epidural due to panicking that i wouldnt cope without one but this time i want to have a birth that isnt just all about pain x

Did anyone do the classes or are the books/cd's enough? xx

Mrs r, was it your first birth? What was the pain like, i know it wont be pain free will be far from that but every video i have seen they are calm with very little noise, i find it amasing that even after that you can stay so calm and relaxed x

Second birth x but I was silent throughout both of my labours-that's just the way I am naturally x with my first birth I didn't do natal hypnotherapy but I laboured in the birthing pool which I think helped my pain. I won't lie, it is painful. However the CDs teach that it's a positive pain with an amazing ending and I found that focusing on the fact that there is a point to the pain, a very positive point, was really beneficial x I do have to say as well that I found that the pain during labour and birth with Sebastian wasn't overwhelming and I felt in control of it. How much of that was to do with it being my second labour I don't know x

I didn't do the classes and found the CD incredibly effective cosmic x

Well my induction was a bit different as I had back labour and it wasnt coming round to my bump so had to have a hormone drip which ment I had one contration after another and I couldnt move as I was on a trace so I was told by the midwife that I would need to have an epidural when I first got there. I guess I was about 5 cms dilated!! Midwife said that if I had been a normal birth then I could have done it with gas and air etc as I was using the breathing from the hypnobirthing!
Think that in a normal circumstance then you could do it with the aid of water and gas and air (which I loved) but dont rule out an epidural as I would defibitely have one next time!!
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back