hyperemesis gravidarum

My doctor has just signed me off for a further 8 weeks with this condition - I'm not too sure what it all entails except that if i don't get better I could be put in hospital for a while. I know's it's to do with the fact I have lost a stone, can't keep food down and feel so weak.

Just wanted to know has anyone else had this or know anyone who has been through this who could tell me more? I feel awful :(

I had a friend with this, I think. She'd previously had 3 symptom free pregnancies that ended in miscarriage. For her 4th, she was massively ill, had to be hospitalised and put on a drip, ended up with a back pain etc etc and had a rotten time.

BUT the reason she had the symptoms is she had a high level hormones that had been missing from previous pregnancies. She carried the baby to full term and gave birth to a beautiful daughter whose about 10 now. In her case, these problems were an indication of how well the pregnancy was going!

And you are not alone, check out http://www.hyperemesis.org.uk/

Hi ya,

I know excatly how you feel & have just posted a post myself about this. Im 12weeks and have been in and out of hospital for the last month so I know excatly what your going through. I had to have a drip and injections in my bum to try and control it, iv lost loads of weight and feel poo. Im beginging to feel a little better now & hope its on the way out but im still on alot of medication & know if I stop it now it will return as its difficult to hold food down still.
Are you on any medication? have the doctors given you anything?

Suzy
x

thanks for the link mate - was very very useful. Managed to not be sick all day today which was good and had some energy for a short while - but still feel damn awful mostly. keeping fluids down so I dont need a drip which is good - id go mad in hospital on my own for so long - I hate them! Hoping the feeling starts to shift with general morning sickness etc, but preparing for a longer haul!

I'm on Iron coz my blood is low but bed rest is the main thing as my BP is so low it's stupid, rehydration powder to drink and just try and drink fluids and eat anything I can usually keep down (toast sits best usually).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back