Hydrops

miss_soldier

Reaction score
Just been doing my own research before my appointment to get all the test results and post mortum of why we lost out little boy at 20 weeks pregnant. I remember the midwife saying baby had hydrops, has anyone else experienced this and found out what had happened to cause it?

Hey honey, I have had no experience of a baby with hydrops but when I was 17 weeks pregnant I came in contact with the virus 'slapped cheek' which also is called the fifth disease and Parvo Virus. On reading up on what can complications could occur and feotal hydrops was a complication of it if passed to the baby. Although it was a very low chance. I was not imminue to the virus.

Yeah I've been doing my own research and i came across that as well and when I was 17+4 week pregnant I had a sickness bug, I was being sick at least once an hour for 36 hours, caught it off family so we be asking doctor if related to that. They have took loads of bloods from me, are they able to check if you've had any infections a few weeks ago by taking bloods? They took bloods about 3 weeks after I had the sickness bug.

Probs shouldn't be doing my own research, but I want to go into my appointment and ensure they have tested for everything and anything xx

I had to have bloods taken every 3 weeks for 9 weeks after I was in contact.!a sumptom in adults can be sickness as the actual 'slapped cheek' is often just in children. Hope you get answers. I know the virus was very common for a while.

Yeah I caught it off my partner and he caught it off his 2 year old nephew. Not sure when my appointment is probs the end of the month but will update the forum with my results so hopefully it may help future mums to be xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back