HyCosy

soffphie

Reaction score
Hi ladies
Just wondered if anyone could help me to explain if with a HyCosy you can / cannot try that month -UK based-? Im just looking thru my future cycles & deciding when i will do it (perfect time!) as its likely something im going to have to fund privately. Thank you!! :)

Hi @soffphie I was told not to try that month and they did ask me on the day if there was any chance I could be pregnant. I'd recommend trying to have it done BEFORE you ovulate, using protection up until you have it done, and then afterwards you'd be free to try, although they do give you an antibiotic in case of infection afterwards... that might put you off TTC that month too, I'm not sure how long they stay in your body.

I read too many google posts about it before I had it done and was quite nervous. In America it seems to be an xray thing, in the UK its dye being flushed through, hence the concern about ttc. But honestly, its nothing to worry about. Takes slightly longer than a smear and wasn't sore during the procedure. There's a tv screen and you can see your womb etc on the screen so you get the result there and then. My OH was allowed to come in to the room if I'd wanted him there for support. Afterwards I had cramps and took some ibuprofen and was fine, but I'd suggest taking the afternoon off so you can just go home and chill. I think we paid £450.

Top tip - take a pair of socks so your feet are nice and toasty during it. Chinese medicine says its important to have warm feet for a warm womb.

Good luck x

I'd also recommend asking for a recommendation for a consultant as well as a clinic. The first clinic we went to was bloody awful. Our consultant was cold and said insensitive things and made it a lot more upsetting than it needed to be. She also ran about 45 mins late for every appointment and didn't have the manners to acknowledge the delay.

We switched clinics and our second place was amazing. The staff were great, they thought about how they delivered results and news and were genuinely caring. They also have an online portal so you can get all your results online in the comfort of your own home and don't have to worry about taking calls at work etc.

Good luck x

I'd also recommend asking for a recommendation for a consultant as well as a clinic. The first clinic we went to was bloody awful. Our consultant was cold and said insensitive things and made it a lot more upsetting than it needed to be. She also ran about 45 mins late for every appointment and didn't have the manners to acknowledge the delay.

We switched clinics and our second place was amazing. The staff were great, they thought about how they delivered results and news and were genuinely caring. They also have an online portal so you can get all your results online in the comfort of your own home and don't have to worry about taking calls at work etc.

Good luck x

Thank you Bambi :)
weirdly enough at the moment i have 0 tolarance for cold so always have socks on - bed everything! haha. thanks for detailed info - this is when i would aim to have tests as well; just after af etc...

I had a HyCosy on the nhs. I was told it had to be done as close to day 14 of my cycle as possible (so I had to book it at the start of the month) and not to try for that month, but I could start trying again after the HyCosy had been done. So because it was day 14 it was a very slim chance that it would happen that month. I had one lot of antibiotics while i was in the treatment room but that was all. The doctor said that statistically people have a higher chance of falling pregnant in the 3 months after having a HyCosy...not for me unfortunately as I’m still not pregnant over a year after having it done! He also told me some people barely notice any pain, whereas some people find it very uncomfortable and painful. For me, the actual procedure was a bit uncomfortable but it was tolerable. However, on the way home (they recommend that someone comes with you to drive you home and not to take public transport), I was in a lot of pain. It felt like the worst period pains of my life. I felt like it must be what early labour pains felt like! Sorry, I don’t want to scare you, but just want to give you a heads up as I wasn’t expecting that. The paracetamol didn’t touch the pain. Once I got home and got comfy, it soon went away though. However, saying that, if I had to have it done again, I would....so although it was painful for me, it wasn’t so bad that I couldn’t face doing it again if you know what I mean! Xx

Oh and the good thing is, they could tell me the results there and then (even showed me my clear tubes on the screen lol) x

Oh and the good thing is, they could tell me the results there and then (even showed me my clear tubes on the screen lol) x

Thanks for insight i was worried it would be a case of you cant try that month.

I think I had mine done around Day 10. Was told not to try before but then fine afterwards. If you ask them as you go through it most will walk you through what they're doing and point things out. Mine was done via NHS.

Wasn't the case for me but many ladies do fall pregnant after they've had this done (within a couple of months or so). Not sure why!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back