Hurrah for men!

-Cat-

Reaction score
I just wanted to big up my man!
I know we all moan about how insensitve they can be and how we are generally bitting there heads off at the mo. But I felt the urge to say something nice about my bloke cause he has been trying really hard.

The other evening I was having a really rough time I was having quite a few pregnancy aches and pains plus a really nasty cold, no amount of moving around could get me comfortable, in the end I wanted into the kitchen, plopped myself down on a stool and started to cry my eyes out. a few minutes later my other half, wondering where I had gone found me in the kitchen, pulled me up from my stool and gave me a big bear hug, asked if I was okay and said 'I know it dosent help much, but I love you. I cried even more (in a mad emotional way) I told him I was just feeling really rubbish and uncomfortable and he said it would all be worth it in the end and that I was beautifull. Told me to have a nice long relaxing bath which I did, and then we had a nice cuddle on the sofa.

He has been wonderfull and supportive and I just thought it would be nice to start a positive post, so if anyone else wants to tell us about what a great partner they have or really supportive mother or friends etc go ahead . . . .

AWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!! :D That's such a sweet story - Definately big up your man!

Well, I guess I'll follow on with a little story of my man.

When I found out I was pregnant I was very scared he wouldn't want the baby due to timing, how long we have been a couple, etc, the usual worries for some people.

One day about a week after I found out we were making breakfast (bacon, cheese and salad sandwhich (yumyum) and I was very emotional still with hormones going all over the place.

Anyway, he was doing all the cooking because I felt awful (as you do at 5/6 weeks) He had put some chilli's in his but I hate them so he had made mine first. He forgot to cut my sarnie and so I picked up the knife and cut it - totally forgetting he had cut chilli's with it.

I got really upset and started blubbing big time and feeling sorry for myself and cried and said I thought I was going to be a bad mum and all those silly things. He just hugged me so tight and told me not to worry, he loved me and that I would be a great mum.

It's probably a silly thing to worry about but when so many people give me dodgy stares and comments when they know I'm expecting because I'm 19 and 'ruining my life' it's hard to think you will be any good when it comes to bringing up a baby.

I just wanted to praise my man for standing by me - always telling me how fab parents we will be, how gorgeous I look when I feel bloated and fat and not properly showing, and how nothing anyone says can stop us being brilliant people who are going to be brilliant parents.

Soppy and sad and probably rediculous - but he's an angel sometimes :D (Love you Mark)

Hi,

My partner has also been great! He always asks how "bubbs" is doing, and keeps telling me how great everthing is going to be when "bubbs" is born. Always gives me and belly big kisses and tells me how proud he is of me, and how he thinks Im going to be a great mum!

It really does help and makes me feel so good about everthing, I love hearing him tell me how much he loves me and "bubbs" !!!

Natalie x

wel if everyone else is on the wagon...! Just last week i got married to my fab man! we flew to florida and had a great time with family and friends in orlando at theme parks etc (bought babys first mickey mouse, well thats my excuse and i'm sticking to it!) Then we flew down to Clearwater and got married on the beach. Everything was perfect and my heart just swelled when i saw hw had tears in his eyes for me. Bump was hidden behind dress and i'm told i looked beautiful.

I just wanted to thank my hubby for being there for me throughout everything, and for being my soul mate. One thing he did was when i was about 12 weeks pregnant i was told by the hospital i oculdn't be seen for my first check-up/scan until 20 weeks which devasted me! i was so worried about the baby as i had been a bit naughty before realising i was pregnant until the 5th week or so. I jsut crumbled inside at the thought of waiting that long, so he paid for private health care and we were seen the following week. Everythingwas good with baby, and i haven't had a drop of alcohol since.

He deserves a big thank you and all of my love, getting icky nw but the best feeling in the word is cuddling up on the sofa in the arms of someone who loves you completely, gassy, fat and full of indigestion!!!

Love ya Gaz.x

aww your stories were so sweet and brought a tear 2 my eye! my oh has been great too, really supportive i couldn't have asked for more! and we can't wait til our baby is here! :)

you are extremly lucky my OH has knowen as long as me that i am pregnant (found out when i was 8 weeks) but since then he has wanted nothing to do with me - i know we are only seventeen but we always spoke about if an accident did happen (was taking contraceptive pill) then i would never be able to have an abortion - i just dont believe in them - and he was trying to force me up to 24 weeks to have an abortion - as we only told familys when i was 21 weeks - but i could never do it - i think that he is just about coming round now but i am happy what ever coz my baby and knowing in 90 or so days i will be holding him / her makes everything worth it

poor you, what a prat he seems to be. You def don't need all that extra pressure on you. I hope it all works out for you and he makes it up to you in time. It doesn't matter that you are only 17, i bet you'll be brill mum, age doesn't matter when it ocmes to mother instinct! I'm scared as hell about being a mum for the first time and i'm going to be 22 in august! my baby wasn't exactly planned either, but we knew the risks involved. Not too long for you now til it's here! i'm having a little boy apparently! next scan is on weds, when is yours? i haven't seen him in 4 weeks cus i've been in america gettin married/honeymooning etc! so we're dead excited. Has your man saw the baby at scans? is he as involved as he could be? that might be an issue to look at.

Hope to hear from you again

take care and stay positive

Pink Lady.x

he has refused to do scans and any baby shopping which i really wanted him to do but now he is saying that i didnt want him there he is also slagging my parents of for supporting me which i dont quite understand MEN lol
congrats on getting married

Well my Dh has been 99% perfect, now I am hoping he will be 100% perfect by popping down the chinese when he gets back from work as I am starving and we need to go Tesco....

Have to add that my DH is being supersonically wonderful. I knew before I married him that he was a wonderful man, but he is being extra specially great to me and taking care of me. I am enjoying this pregnancy a lot more than I thought I would and his love is definitely helping things along! :D :D :D :D

Aww...It's nice to see there are so many great men around!

A few weeks ago I was up in the middle of the night, couldn't get comfy, was in pain and tired but wide awake as well...All very miserable. My hubs made me a big breakfast in bed with a big pot of tea and put legally blond on to cheer me up! This was about 4am and he had to be up for work the next day!

I couldn't wish for a better husband :D Even when I know I look really fat and horrible he tells me i look gorgeous and sexy! he he...He's either lying or very blind :lol:

Ahhh...I feel lucky :D

Come on ladies , this was a post started to show how much women appreciate their men.

If you want to put bad opinions about your bad experiences with men then why not put it on another post.

I am male and i have stuck by my gf and its nice to see how other women are happy about how their man has been to them and not to see how bad you think about blokes. Not every bloke out there is bad

I agree with you first time daddy!!! I know a lot of first time dads who are 100% devoted to helping with the whole experiance of bring up a child. Men and woman should appreciate each other when it comes to the child, and more men are a lot more invovled now, which is great! :D

Natalie

Yeay, this is my happy cheerfull thread! I know a lot of people are having a hard time with one thing or another, but this thread makes me smile :D

Its nice to see people sharing positive things about their pregnancies as I think sometimes we all get a bit bogged down with moaning!

I mught just start up another Hurrah for Something or other thread just to get somemore positive stories on here!

Oh and first.time.daddy I love the way your ticker says you are 31weeks pregnant, you might want to see a doctor about that as your a scientific miricle! :lol:

Men are certainly not all bad, I have certainly got a fab one,.
We have only been together a short time, but have been through everythig together, things that would split most people up have made us doubly strong!
everything is so right, im having our baby in feb and he has asked me to marry him, our date is july 22nd next year YEAH.
He looks after me so much, he's my world!
Nice one Cat for starting something positive, and nice to see 1st time dad onboard!

LOL, I was reading this thread yesterday while hubby was playing video games. I said, "Awww hunny, it's nice to see a thread like this." He ignored me so I got pissy with him. He said, "Sorry, I'm trying to concentrate!" So, being the emotional wreck that I am blamed him for caring more about a video game than me and stomped off to bed, lol. Not 5 minutes later he was in the bedroom apologizing and telling me how much he loved me, lol.

My hubby really has been amazing so far. Pretty much anything I want I get and I am always whining and moaning and he gets stuck with it all. He does all the cooking and I never have to lift a finger which is a far cry from his normal. He's really gone out of his way for me and I thank God he is here :) Don't know if I could be him in his shoes :p

On the day that we got married, I told my husband that he was " an echo for my laughter, a foil for my weakness, and an anchor for my hope". It's been nine months now, and while it was a bit strange getting used to marriage, he teaches me more about love and constancy every single day.
It may sound a bit strange that I'm being so honest, but I think everyone goes through some form of sea change after marriage, mild or otherwise, and I suffered from a lot of anxiety before the wedding. I have posted it elsewhere - I suffer from General Anxiety Disorder, which affects many more people than you would think. All through the months coming up to the wedding, he was there for me. He's been there for me since we started dating, with a strong arm to hold me up, when things get anxious or scary.
Since we got pregnant, he's been doing far more than his share, and he's the best man in the world. I couldn't have found better and I'd never change him, he's my Col and I love him.

Hurrah for my husband!

Sue

Well my man can be a sweetheart wen he feels like it. Wen he shows an intrest he is the nicest person in the world always tellin me i will be a great mother and he cant wait to be a dad. But sometimes i wanna kill him, lol.

bec x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back