Hurrah for big round pregnant tums!

-Cat-

Reaction score
Okay girls, who out there over all, has been enjoying being pregnant?

What have you enjoyed about your peregnancy experience? what has put a smile on your face and made every thing worth while?

For me I just love cuddling up on the sofa in the evenings with OH's hand on my tummy feeling the little one kick.

Oh and buying all the cute baby things. (decorating the nursary this week yeah)

I was full of the joys of pregnancy, hoping that will return soon. Feeling too hot and tender at the moment. Don't seem to be having many cuddly moments with DH either lately :( If I ask, he'll just say it's cos he's been too hot, but I knew he was going off me in my flabby state!! ;)

I had a bit in the middle where I had energy which was nice!

Seriously, I love the fact that I'm having a baby and woiuldn't change a thing, but I can't in all honestly say I've enjoyed being pregnant.

Why would anyone enjoy:

Putting on 4 stone
Having more spots than my teenage years
Feeling like my ribs are permanantly in a vice
Very sore breasts
Months of interrupted sleep
morning sickness
tiredness
severe oedema

I've been reading a book called the best friends guide to pregnancy. In the first chapter it says that it's written for th 99% of women who have a really shit time through pregnancy, not the 1% who 'glow' all the way through - we've all met them!! It's full of moans.

I think everyone adores their little bumps and the little flutters and kicks, but asking people to celebrate their fat arses and morning sickness is a little too much! :D

Sorry to be negative, but I'm very large, overdue and very tired!

I've got that book- it's fab! I had to stop reading it at the beginning of my pregnancy as it was a lot of moaning and I found it a bit negative- now it makes me laugh in sympathy!

+++

Well mine hasn't been too bad really and most days I do enjoy the thought that I am pregnant. I am getting quite close to the 2nd trimester now, and have already started glowing.

I haven't puked once, but was nauseous every two hours, which got me down a tiny bit, but overall its been fine (Apart from the constant worry that something will go wrong, but I now have just three days to go til I hit twelve weeks, three days and counting!)

Even though I am not technically a 2nd trimester person, I do feel like one.

However I am starting to worry about how I will cope when I have a huge bump. Trying not to think about it too much. The thought of the DH having to cut my toenails for me makes me cringe! :shock:

Oh well, we all take it day by day and see what happens

Mostly I am enjoying it though, and absolutely love the fuss I am getting from the DH! Milking it totally! :wink:

I guess this experience will be different for everyone here!!

I am lucky in a sence that I haven't flet any sickness at from being pregnant. I am almost at the end of my 14th week, have a bit of a belly now, nothing people are noticing yet though( I know my time will come soon enough).

I had a bit of a scare this morning though, thinking I was having an appandicitus attack went straight to the doctor and they said it was growing pains!!! LOL

I have my second ultrasound tomorrow and can't wait. I am in the Cayman Islands and hoping to God that this Tropical Storm Emily won't head our way, as it's taking the same path as Hurricane Ivan took last year in October... I am still having work done on my home, we don't need this again, I have just rented it out and this is all we need. To top that off, I am due to move countries on Sunday as I am Australian and want to have my baby there. I can't stay around this part of the world much after October as it's cutting it close to the three months travelling thing. We plan to stay in ft Lauderdale for 2 months until the hurricane season is over!!!! Not sure what's happening in this world with the bombings in the UK and the weather patterns around the world, that's whats making me feel sick if anything is!!!!

I am more than happy to be pregnant, but worry about the world I will be raising my child in!!!

Does anyone else think about these things!!!! I pray all gets better sooner. I am

Tineke

I am more than happy to be pregnant, but worry about the world I will be raising my child in!!!

I know exactly what you mean Tineke - so many sickening things go on that you have to worrry about as a parent - it seems you can't even send your child to school anymore without the worry of them being beaten up with some sicko recording the event on a camera phone. And they call this 'happy slapping' - that in itself sickens me.

Starting to feel very scared about being responsible for a little person. I used to think living in a different country would make all the difference but it seems we all have the same concerns. One thing I am glad about is that we don't have a gun culture here (yet).

Sorry - a bit pessimistic. There are very good people in the world and hopefully all of our little ones will only ever encounter these people. I am also enjoying being pregnant now the nausea is over. But my bump is still small enough for me to be able to get to sleep on a night and I can still reach my own toes to trim my nails :D - I may post again in another 6 weeks with a different story!

1stly, sorry i know im an imposter! im still 1st trimester, but makes intersting reading!
Id just like to say Hurrraaahhh for Cat who's trying to make positive topics!!!!!!!!!!!
Well done girl!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back