Hungry Hippo

Binzy

Reaction score
Ryan seems to have gone crazy and is wanting to be fed every hour and a half?? What's that all about? Normally he goes 2 and half hours or so. I'm exhaused. He's asleep now but for how long? My nipples are so sore, he's sucking so hard. Could my milk be drying up?:shock:
Anyone else had the same problem?

Yes - mine is always hungry, i must have fed him eight times today (both milk mountains) plus he had half banana...i think he may be waking up now cause he's hungry. I wondered if mine was drying up, but i expressed the night before last two hours after his last feed and still got 5oz.

It takes me ages to express a decent amount, so strange though.
Hope they calm down today.

So, took Ryan to drs and she weighed him and he'd lost even more over the weekend :-(
Am going to have to top him up as it seems my milk is not enough.
Feeling a bit down about it but he seems so much happier now.

Kynon doesn't stop feeding either, he's the same between 1 and 3 hours day and night, just cant satisfy him but he won't take a bottle :( they don't weigh babies here only first couple of weeks and 8 week check so not got a clue what he weighs.
Hope Ryan puts some weight back on quickly, it's hard this breast feeding lark! Least he's still getting some breast milk even if you are having to top him up, your doing your best x

Last edited:
Thanks Sarah, had a bit of a cry this afternoon as I felt I was letting him down but there's not much I can do if I'm not producing enough to satisfy him. At least this way he is getting the antibodies from me but will put on weight. He lost half a kilo this weekend which is far too much in 2 days.
You don't have to weigh your baby every week but there is a drop in clinic here and his weight has been up and down for a month so I've been going every week to keep tabs on it.
He was so much happier today and that has to be the main thing I guess.

Ah you must be worried, that is a lot. Do you have a breast feeding group or support worker locally you can talk to? I went yesterday about Kynon feeding so much and they were really helpful. Are you taking fenugreek? That can help increase your supply it helped me and I've just got some breast shells which are meant to increase your supply too but I've not tried them yet. I'm guessing your resting, drinking and eating lots as well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back