Hungry baby

BluebBerry

Reaction score
My little man is 2 weeks old tomorrow ! Can't believe it . He was 8 lb 6 and dropped to 8lb 4 the day I was leaving hospital .
He always seems to want more food after his 6 pm feed and his 10pm feed. He just cries and cries ! so I've bought hungrier baby food and am going to give that a go. Are any of you ladies having this problem with your new born ?

Are you breast feeding or bottle feeding? I'd really stick to regular stage 1 formula at 2 weeks old - I was under the impression that hungrier baby milk was designed for babies nearer weaning age? Im not 100% though, im sure somebody will know more about that particular sort of milk and let you know...

If you're formula feeding and your LO is draining the bottle, then add an extra ounce of your regular formula to the bottle for his feeds. If he still takes all the bottle, add another ounce, and so on.

If you're breast feeding and wanting to top up with formula, i'd still use regular formula and give him as much as he wants after he's emptied both breasts.

You cant overfeed your LO, he will eat when he is hungry and he wont when he's not, so if he's asking for more its fine to just give him more :)

I cant remember how hungry LO was when he was 2 weeks, we let him lead the way really and gave him what he wanted, think at that point he was feeding every two hours.

I wouldn't use hungry baby milk this young, babies feed a lot during the evening, it's their way of stocking up for the night, babies at that age constantly feed so I would just offer milk when wanted rather than giving hungry baby milk!
Xxx

Agree with the ladies. Add extra ounces with his newborn feed. I'm sure babies stomachs are too young to tolerate hungrier baby milk at this stage.
Nice to hear your baby feeds so well. My LO was a nightmare.

Thanks girls ill give it a go . He's was wrestles all nite !!! From 7 pm till 4 am ... Oh being a new mum is though eh

Sounds like a touch of colic too, try infacol with the feed? I remember sitting with h latched on all evening when he was tiny, luckily his was between 4 and 8-9pm so didn't have the nighttime bit but it was tough but believe me it passes and soon enough they fall into a routine were their feeds space out! Just enjoy the cuddles!
Xxx

Baby's have a growth spurt at 2 weeks and will cluster their feeds before going to bed just give as demands no need to up the formula yet.

My little man is 2 weeks old tomorrow ! Can't believe it . He was 8 lb 6 and dropped to 8lb 4 the day I was leaving hospital .
He always seems to want more food after his 6 pm feed and his 10pm feed. He just cries and cries ! so I've bought hungrier baby food and am going to give that a go. Are any of you ladies having this problem with your new born ?

Sometimes my baby is attatched most of the day to the boob sometimes its every few hours I think you just have to let them have food as and when they are hungry I think two weeks old is too young to have a routine yet. See how things go but I'd stick with a top up of normal formula if anything at all x

I'd rather try and give an oz more once he starts drinking near a liter consider hungrier baby, he will settle on a more stable amount in a routine at some point. Hungrier baby is thicker, so it does has it cons and you will have to consider them first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back