Hsg :-(

Kay Kay

Reaction score
Well ladies I don't really know where to start.

First of all I didn't find it painful, just really uncomfortable, like a long, drawn out smear, so I'm thankful for that.

I think the reason it wasn't painful though was because the dye wasn't going in. She had to try 3 times as it just kept on spilling out of me instead of filling up inside. I could feel it running down me. She seemed concerned and asked the nurse for more dye. This all took about 15 minutes. Eventually she said ok, some dye got through but I'll have to look at the scans on a differnet machine (somewhere else). So I said will I wait and you can tell me and she said no I will send the results to your doctor!!! I burst in to tears. With it being christmas I'm not gonna know til next week! I cannot believe I'm in limbo over christmas :-( Not going to be able to enjoy it I'm so worried!

The nurse said 'it's not necessarily a bad thing' but of course it can't be good if it was she surely would have told me? I could see the screen myself and could see the cathatar but not much else.

Why did I pay £377 to have to wait some more AND over christmas??? I'm really upset and already planning on phoning tomorrow and getting them to fax the results to my doctor then DEMANDING that the doctor tell me something!

I was pretty upset after the appt and we had to go straight from the hospital to visit our friends and their newborn! The universe has it in for me surely? Last week AF arrived on same day as friends prg announcement then today visiting my friend's new baby for the first time on the same day I find out I might have blocked tubes? Just totally shit!! The visit was fine, I tried my best to put on a happy face but my heart just wasn't in it. Hate myself for feeling like this and being so selfish at such a happy time for my friend :cry:

My worry is that they are really blocked and the only route will be IVF or worse that I'm totally infertile! We can't afford to go private for IVF so it would be April 2013 by the time we are eligible. Here come the tears again!

Sorry to sound so dramatic, just needed to get it all down. I'm just feeling angry, terrified , sad, frustrated...

Thanks for all the good luck messages ladies, you girls are amazing xxx

:hugs:

defo try and get them to fax the results to your gp or just phone up your private consultant. your bl00dy paying for it they shouldnt make you wait, especially if you let them know how much it is effecting you emotionaly. hope results are good

Demand that they fax them through. they can not keep you waiting. so glad yours wasnt painful for you tho hun

chin up chick xx

Oh hun, sorry they are making you wait for results, totally out of order in my opinion as you are paying, I would deffo get on the phone to them.tomorrow and get your gp involved too XXX big hugs xx

That is so cruel of them Kay Kay :hug:

In some cases they can try and unblock the tubes, so maybe that is an option before IVF? xx

I hope so Louise, I shouldn't look things up on the internet, it just scares me and my mind runs away with me. Will deffo demand info tomoro. Sorry you're down too hun. Thx again girls x

Oh Kay Kay ,
thats awful news. How horrible to be lfet hanging like that over Xmas, especially as you paid to have this done as you wanted the results!!!
Thinking of you. let us all know of any updates.xx

Don't let them leave you hanging! Just so you know, why I had this done, they couldn't get the dye up one of my tubes and nearly sent me home but I got really upset and only after that did they tell me that sometimes your tubes can spasm - because they don't like having dye pushed up them. And if she was trying for ages this could well gave been what happened with you. Especially if she said some dye got thru. I made them do it again - they thought I was made to do it twice because it is not a nice procedure but better that than leave wondering. Anyway, they did it chain and the dye got thru no problem. So don't think the worst yet - just make sure you call them and get some info - if the nurse knows, you should know! Good luck x

Kay i'm so sorry , if i was paying i would call and ask for at least a minimal answer!
I hopw its not as bad news as you are thinking; and as Lou said if you are blocked you can be unblocked . I'd get answers today befoer they break for crimbo x

Don't let them leave you hanging! Just so you know, why I had this done, they couldn't get the dye up one of my tubes and nearly sent me home but I got really upset and only after that did they tell me that sometimes your tubes can spasm - because they don't like having dye pushed up them. And if she was trying for ages this could well gave been what happened with you. Especially if she said some dye got thru. I made them do it again - they thought I was made to do it twice because it is not a nice procedure but better that than leave wondering. Anyway, they did it chain and the dye got thru no problem. So don't think the worst yet - just make sure you call them and get some info - if the nurse knows, you should know! Good luck x

Thanks Emily, I did feel a few involuntary spasms so it mite be that. The only thing is I don't think they would do it again without charging me. I've been on the phone all day going back and forth, the private hosp are faxing the results to the acu today as they said legally theyre not allowed to tell me! There is only one doctor in the acu today and he is in surgery and only a doctor can give me the results. Lost all dignity by begging the secretary at the acu to get him to phone me so I'm now just waiting! Even the secretary at the acu couldn't understand why they couldn't tell me something. So unhappy. Been crying in the toilets at work arrgghh. merry flippin Christmas! :-(

Honestly if she said some dye went through then I think you will find they say you are ok. I wish she had said if it was one or both that "some" got through. If it took a lot of dye then that could have caused the spasm (I am sure it did with me). I don't think it is an easy procedure to perform and so if they don't get the dye in the right place immediately and therefore use too much dye, one or both tubes are bound to spasm. They didnt charge me for the second one but perhaps that is because they did it straight after - but it was a more senior consultant and I can't help feeling that he had more practice and so used less dye (hence my tube didnt have time to spasm).

I also think that they will call you back before Xmas - especially if you are upset.

The only difference between my experience and yours is that with me they confirmed one tube was fine but that the with the second "some got through" and then they had to stop because it's not good to keep pushing the dye through! With you, they didnt specify one or both tubes. The chances are both tubes spasmed if you felt so much dye leaking out and if it took 15 minutes. Try not to think the worst yet - I reckon at worst it is just an inconclusive result and if that is the case, they will go with the assumption that your tubes are ok because "some got through". If there was a proper blockage with both tubes, I don't think they would have kept trying for so long so my money is on the spasm issue.

Make sure you call again at about 3pm if you've not heard.

Good luck x

PS I have totally lost all dignity and find that crying gets you everywhere! :)

Oh Kay, don't give up pestering them xxx it all sounds so unfair xx

Just caught up on the Kay! Rubbish service especially if your paying. Hope you get it sorted! Xxx

The doctor phoned me!!! And my tubes are clear!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I reckon my begging and tears worked! Thank god for that secretary, she must have sensed my desperation.

So the doctor said my left tube is clear, no problems. He said the dye was a bit more sluggish going through the right one (wonder if that's connected to the pain I sometimes feel i my right ovary?) however the dye did get through!

The doc just recapped where we were up to that yes, I ovulate, yes, I have a period every month and yes, hubby's SA was fine so he said next step is def IUI. We have another appt on 18th Jan to go over the results and talk about next course of action. It will prob be the summer before IUI though.

EmilyB - thank you so much for your advice, you really helped calm me earlier when I was going out my mind with worry. Big hug you're a star!!! :friends:

Hubby is so relieved but also livid at the private docs for making me so worried. The NHS doc said they probably didn't say anything due to confidentiality. Hmm. Apart from the waiting times the NHS are coming out on top in terms of patient care.

I can relax now for christmas and don't have too long to wait until the 18th.

Thanks for your messages :love: and have a very merry christmas ladies:dust: :dust: :dust:

Yay ! i am so glad you got your answer today so you can enjoy christmas . Deffo the news i was hoping to see x x x x hugs x x x

Hurrah! Really pleased - what a nice feeling :) I am going for IUI in January - December is for drinking wine and not thinking about TTC - make sure you do the same.

Merry Christmas everyone :) x

Yay so glad you got your results. Merry Christmas honey xxxx

Excellent news Kay Kay! You can enjoy Christmas now!!! I am really happy for you. Love gizzy xxxxc

they said exactly the same about my left and right tubes hun! so glad you can now finally relax and enjoy christmas xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back