HSG - what next?

Londongirl

Reaction score
Hi girls,

So I have my follow-up appointment with the consultant on Aug 6th. I have had blood tests and ultrasound done previously which confirmed pcos, hsg which showed no blockages, everything normal, and DH's SA results were fine also.

Can anyone who is further down the track advise what to expect at the appoitnment with the consultant? Are there any more tests they will need to do or will they likely start treatment?

Thanks and :dust: to all

Anna x

After my hsg I was put on clomid. I was told before my hsg the next step was clomid so I don't think the results of my hsg changed the treatment I received. I was diagnosed with unicornuate uterus (half a womb) so the only thing that changed was the dose of clomid I can have as I cannot chance multiple pregnancy. So I am on the lowest dose of clomid. I have been ovulating on it as has been shown by blood tests every month!

Xx

Thanks Charlie. Do you have to go to hospital for blood tests or does gp do those?

Anna x

I have to go the hospital for mine, which is a pain because its 45 mins away were as my gp is 45seconds away haha xx

After my hsg I was put on clomid. I was told before my hsg the next step was clomid so I don't think the results of my hsg changed the treatment I received. I was diagnosed with unicornuate uterus (half a womb) so the only thing that changed was the dose of clomid I can have as I cannot chance multiple pregnancy. So I am on the lowest dose of clomid. I have been ovulating on it as has been shown by blood tests every month!

Xx

Thanks for this thread. I've has bloods and a scan done which showed possible pco but I already know my progesterone levels are ok and I get no other symptoms so fingers crossed.

Lots of baby dust for you both x

After my HSG I was put on waiting list for IVF and also given a date for a laparoscopy and dye test as they said they wanted to see that everything was ok inside before IVF.

My HSG revealed a blocked tube tho so hence the lap and dye incase there were any adhesions that could affect IVF.

Good luck!! M x

Hi Moley,

Thanks for your reply. I'm curious (and hope you don't mind me asking) - did they consider putting you on clomid? Or was it because of the blocked tube you were moved straight to ivf? Sorry to see your first cycle didn't work - are you having another go?

Anna

Hi Londongirl...

No probs ask away lol. Well I wasn't put on clomid or anything because my cycles are regular and all other tests (apart from low AMH) were ok. I develop cysts on my ovaries but don't actually have polycystic ovary syndrome. The cysts I get expel with every AF. I think because of my age and AMH levels and a few years of trying is why I went straight to IVF. My other tube is fine and so they didn't really know why naturally its taking so long - unexplained.

M x

Thanks Moley. As I don't have regular cycles I suspect clomid may be the first step for me xx

I had clomid prior to lap and dye (don't think that's normal as I could of had blocked tubes) and I figured I had nothing to lose trying. My progesterone was borderline so they were never sure if I ovulated. Were your bloods normal for ov? I'm not 100% what they do in the case of pcos - I guess clomid could be next?

I had clomid prior to lap and dye (don't think that's normal as I could of had blocked tubes) and I figured I had nothing to lose trying. My progesterone was borderline so they were never sure if I ovulated. Were your bloods normal for ov? I'm not 100% what they do in the case of pcos - I guess clomid could be next?

I haven't had a period since I came off the pill nearly a year ago so pretty sure I'm not ovulating :(

Just read your thread London girl, you sound as if your in the same stage as me! I ad all bloods done and ultrasounds found out im not ovulating, went to gyne on Friday being put on clomid and metroformin as of next month after I've had a foam out in my tubes and then a scan xx

I have mild pcos and also unicornuate uterus and I was told even before the unicornuate was diagnosed that my next step would be clomid. I was having periods but I was having irregular cycles. I was also ovulating each month. Now my cycles are 28-29 days! Im 4dpo today but didn't finish my clomid cycle this month due to me and oh having a few problems. I still ovulated cd15 which was the same as my last full clomid cycle. I've enjoyed a month of no clomid symptoms but if I'm not pg this cycle then ill be back on it in 10 days time :( who knows maybe the month I'm not on it ill fall pg! Xx

Just read your thread London girl, you sound as if your in the same stage as me! I ad all bloods done and ultrasounds found out im not ovulating, went to gyne on Friday being put on clomid and metroformin as of next month after I've had a foam out in my tubes and then a scan xx

Yay another treatment buddy! There is quite a few of us around I think. What's the foam test you have to do - not heard of that one?

Anna x

I was told I'll have a injection in my cervix (ouch) which releases loads of tiny bubbles in my tubes,then i'll have a scan and an x ray to show if my tubes are blocked xx

Ladies - having a bit of a panic. The thing that was keeping me going has been the thought that next Tuesday we will get to see the consultant and he will finally get us on the way with treatment. However, my appointment is in the gynaecology department, and looking on the website for the hospital there is also an assisted conception unit. It says that is where they do the treatment for infertility and you get an appointment there through a referral from the gynaecology team. Does that mean that all is going to happen on Tuesday is that they're going to refer me to another department??? Surely not...?!

My treatment has all been done at gynaecology department so hope that's the same for u xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back