HSG leading to BFP

hopefulmum2014

Reaction score
I am booked in for a HSG, I have regular periods, my consultant thinks my tubes may just need a flush. I just wondered if anyone has ever had HSG and then got there BFP and if so how long did it take to get the BFP after HSG? xxx

I've had a hsg (in July 2014). Mine showed no problems. I had just had a mc when I had it and I fell pregnant again in Oct 2015, so was well over a year later. I did go on to mc that one too. I am pregnant now after doing 7 rounds clomid.

I think if it shows blocked tubes or other issues then you a very likely to be successful afterwards. If it shows no issues I don't really think it helps at all (other than my clinic won't do any treatment until you have had it, so it is just another stepping stone to cross). Good luck!

I had a HSG, there were no blockages but we got pregnant that cycle. It was a blighted ovum but I assume nothing to do with the HSG. I had a second HSG after a couple of years but didn't get pregnant after that one. We had IVF. It showed my tubes were clear but I suspect my endometriosis has caused things to stick where they shouldn't so it wouldn't work for me regardless xx

I had a HSG, there were no blockages but we got pregnant that cycle. It was a blighted ovum but I assume nothing to do with the HSG. I had a second HSG after a couple of years but didn't get pregnant after that one. We had IVF. It showed my tubes were clear but I suspect my endometriosis has caused things to stick where they shouldn't so it wouldn't work for me regardless xx
Hi Lisey, thank you for your response, do you mind me asking before you fell pregnant after the first HSG how long were you trying? IVF will be the next step for us, do you mind me asking how many attempts of IVF until you got your BFP? And congratulations on your BFP :) xxx

Thanks so much and of course I don't mind.
Before the first HSG I think it had been around 18 months but can't remember. We had fallen pregnant naturally beforehand but had early miscarriages. We then found out eventually that I had quite a few issues, endometriosis, high fsh and very low egg reserve. The pregnancy from the month of the HSG was the last natural pregnancy we had. We then found out about all of the issues once we went private and went ahead with IVF. It worked first time even though the chances were very low for me. It was a very rare twin pregnancy and lost at 12 weeks. We then tried for another year naturally, had the second HSG etc and then went for IVF again, worked straight away again. We are very lucky as I was given less than 20% chance of IVF working on the first go because of my egg reserve. They even said it could have been a fluke that I responded so well, was so relieved the second time when responded even better. All in all it was 5 years of ttc, it was hard going. I hope you get your BFP very soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back