HSG and pain

SpiritedAway

Reaction score
So I had my HSG last Tuesday (no problems) and during the first injection of dye I had a lot of pain and pressure but the lady was kind enough to stop and wait till it calmed down before the next lot. When I got home I'd had a little bleeding and felt uncomfortable all evening.

Well the pain hasn't stopped since, it goes between a dull ache to like the starting of AF/sharp pains. It got better yesterday and I made the mistake of DTD and now I'm in agony today with this pulling/sharpness.

Has anyone else had the same after a HSG? I don't know if this is normal or not but I'm getting fed up of it after having a dreadful period the week before too :(

Last edited:
I felt fine after mine, I went back to work. However in the evening and overnight I was in quite a bit of pain. It tailed off over the next couple of days. Was yours last Tuesday or a week last Tues? If a week last Tues I would contact them as I don't think you should still be having pain from it this long after. Hope you are feeling better soon.

I felt fine after mine, I went back to work. However in the evening and overnight I was in quite a bit of pain. It tailed off over the next couple of days. Was yours last Tuesday or a week last Tues? If a week last Tues I would contact them as I don't think you should still be having pain from it this long after. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Sorry should of been more specific, Tuesday the 5th so just over a week now. It's getting me down, they gave me the anti biotics and I was sick and not eating for the 7 days so atleast that's better.

I'm not sure who to ring, I had it done through the fertility clinic in the hospital. I guess I might have to go for an emergency GP appointment if it continues to two weeks.

Sorry should of been more specific, Tuesday the 5th so just over a week now. It's getting me down, they gave me the anti biotics and I was sick and not eating for the 7 days so atleast that's better.

I'm not sure who to ring, I had it done through the fertility clinic in the hospital. I guess I might have to go for an emergency GP appointment if it continues to two weeks.

Can you not ask for advice on the phone from the clinic? My friend was always on the phone with questions and worries to her clinic and they were always happy to either put her mind at rest or get her back in. It's worth a phone call maybe, especially if you're in any sort of pain.
Hope you feel better xxx

Can you not ask for advice on the phone from the clinic? My friend was always on the phone with questions and worries to her clinic and they were always happy to either put her mind at rest or get her back in. It's worth a phone call maybe, especially if you're in any sort of pain.
Hope you feel better xxx

I might ring tomorrow and see if they've had my scan and mention it because im really uncomfortable tonight :(

Ring the fertility nursing team. They should have given you a leaflet with their number on when you had the procedure.

I was pretty sore after mine- I've had two. I think it took me about a week to fully recover from both xx

I didn't really have a leaflet, just a letter with my details on that the receptionist took when I went in for it (it also had all the info on the back :()

I got referred to xray department so I don't think the xray people would be much help but maybe the clinic will be able to help.

I was fine after mine, went back to work and didn't have any pain, discomfort or bleeding. Get yourself checked out , I would also hand a urine sample into GP in case you have a UTI xx

Last edited:
I was pretty sore after mine- I've had two. I think it took me about a week to fully recover from both xx

Makes me feel a little better knowing :) I've taken co dydramol, buscopan and ibuprofen today I can't get anything done.

Makes me feel a little better knowing :) I've taken co dydramol, buscopan and ibuprofen today I can't get anything done.

I did go back to work after both of mine, but I was really sore, I should have booked the day off. I was spotting for a couple of days, had to wear a liner xx

I did go back to work after both of mine, but I was really sore, I should have booked the day off. I was spotting for a couple of days, had to wear a liner xx

I spotted for the day but it's just the pain being the issue for me. I get occasional pain during ovulation and the build up into AF so I'm not surprised its doing this to me.

I have a sneaking suspicion that I have endometriosis, just makes sense.

Well I rang today and got told I'd get a call back off a nurse but I never did.. Guess I'm stuck like this all weekend, I have dreadful back pain with it so right now I'm dosed up on painkillers and hoping it stops and doesn't ruin another weekend :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back