HR @ Work really annoy me!

gemmap27

Reaction score
The lady in HR sent me a letter today telling me what I am entitled to regarding maternity leave. IT WAS WRONG!!!

She told me that I was only allowed 26 weeks with SMP and a further 26 weeks without any pay.

I knew this was wrong and questioned it - she proceeded to tell me that she has checked and double checked and was right.

about 1/2 hr ago she called me and said that actually she called up the union and checked and I am entitled to 39 weeks SMP and the rest unpaid!

Its a good job I knew what I was talking about and wasnt some push over!!!

What she was talking about was the old rules before it changed in April this year.
My boss gave me an outdated copy of the companys maternity policy with all the old entitlements too, luckily I spotted it.

These people are PAID to do this job though - they are supposed to know the entitlements and keep up to date.

Our bursar actually mentioned the change in maternity rights at the beginning-of-year INSET while I subtly sniggered to myself.

As we were trying for this baby - I looked in to what I would be entitled to a long time ago and checked it out as soon as I got my BFP, but some people would have took what she said as being true! She even made me feel like it was me that was wrong (I was even beginning to panic that i would have to come back to work alot earlier than i thought I would)! She did say sorry afterwards and is giving me a letter with the correct information on it!

Surely the HR department should be up to date - good for you in doing your reseach though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back