HPTs - ICs vs First Response ?

Melanie3103

Reaction score
Hi,

How do these compare ? Any experience in terms of testing early - using either internet cheapies or first response ??

First response are dearer - but any idea how they compare in terms of sensitivity (earlier testing) ?

Xx

I usually get the ic tests as they are cheaper and you can get lots (ideal for a poas addict) but you have to be aware that sometimes cheapy strip tests get faint lines on that look shadowy/grey or even pinkish but are just evaps or the indent when the test strip is.

If i get a convincing line on several cheapies I will then get a frer to confirm :) frer are not known for evaps, but they do happen occasionally.

Im dpo9 and wondering if a better test might put me out my misery! ;-) IC this morning was BFN of course, you read FRER say 6 days before AF is due! Its dur saturday or monday depending on my varied LP.

Well i got a clearblue digi to test tomorrow (more sensitive than the IC ive used previously!) - hopefully will put me out my misery tomrrow AM using fmu.

Wish me luck - it'll be dpo10 tomorrow...

Clear blue digis arnt that sensitive they are like 50 miu ish so even if ur pregnant it may not pick it up, best one fr the job that early is a frer IMO xx gd luck I'm also around 9-10 dpo tomoro but I'm waiting it out see if af arrives xx

Oh ok - well didnt know that. Doh! Thanks for the tip... Inthink as its digital inthoughtbit must be one of the best. Oh well.

Well... Someone needs to give me a slap... What a waste of time!

Wasted 1 of my clearblue digi in dpo10 this morning... And they reckon nothing prepares you for the non- ambigious "pregnant" you get etc, well... Nothing prepares you for "not pregnant" either! :-(

No squinting for lines, no need to ask others hopefully etc etc.. Just "not pregnant", my AF is due tomorrow (if lp is 10 days like last month) or due monday is lp is 12 like cycle before that). Its only 3rd cycle ttc so not sure on lp as yet.

But at dpo10 - bfn - more than gutted! I thought it would help to know ne way or the other with a sensitive/acurate/proper test (for a few days anyway) as it says 97% accurate for women 2 days before, 86% accurate for 3 days before...

Trying not to get bummed out, but im fed up.. :-( i need your help ladies... I've only a day or 3 to wait til AF comes i think... I thought id timed it soooo perfectly too....

:-(

I won't even use a digi unless I know it's gonna say pregnant cos the not pregnant is evil it's horrid I use cheap tests if I get a line I then get a frer or summet similar then once af is late il digi :) x

Im 11DPO today - my temp has fallen thru the floor and we all know what that means..... AF is round the corner! :-(

Absolutely gutted! Still no AF but now im just waiting for it to arrive to get it over with. Pretty sure after a slight drop thursday and continued (bigger) drop today that i cant even wshful thinking or an implantation dip - pretty sure im out now.. Just waiting for confirmation now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back