How'd you think it would be?

Sugarpop

Reaction score
So, most of us here have been here a long time. I'm just curious where you thought you'd be by now?

I know for me I thought I would have atleast a young baby by now (I'm 26). I've always known I have PCOS but I never ever thought it would be SO hard. I knew it would take time (which is why we started ttc so early) but I didn't think it would take this long and the road be so hard.

I'm 32, started NTNP when we were 24 and not a hint of a BFP except my chemical on my last fet. I always had a worry it wouldn't happen, I think because my periods were heavy, long and painful, and my mum was 31 when she had me (and she was an only child). Perhaps also because I'd wanted a child desperately since I was about 14 lol.

I never thought it would take THIS long though and the fact it now probably won't happen I also wouldn't have wanted to believe at least. I struggled to see myself as pregnant but always saw myself as a mum. I was surprised that I had PCOS (only diagnosed last year), the retroverted uterus and elevated NK cells (diagnosed a couple of months ago). I didn't seem to fit the stereotypical profile for any of them but at least it's some answers.

I wanted to be a mum before I was 30... Obviously that didn't happen lol. Xx

It's funny because I feel the same. I can't see myself pregnant but I can see myself as a mum. How strange is that? Does it even mean anything?

My parents were married 19 years before they had me and mum had so many problems, she told me that a lot of it would be hereditary and I spent so much of my youth worrying that it would never happen for me. I was convinced hat I would have settled down, married and had kids by my very early 20s it was all I ever wanted as she was 36 when she had me.

Typically I was in my 30s before I found the man I would marry and now at 34 coming up on 35 I am nowhere near getting that BFP. I will carry on TTC until I am 39/40 then I will give up

It's funny because I feel the same. I can't see myself pregnant but I can see myself as a mum. How strange is that? Does it even mean anything?

I hope not! When I had my first IVF cycle, I had a dream I was heavily pregnant. It was the first time anything like that's happened and really changed my outlook on things. Xx

Last edited:
Me and hubby have been together for nearly 6 years and have never used contraception... Since I was about 15 i always thought i couldn't have babies, no idea why. We started trying properly 6 months later i got preg with my first mc...I never thought I could even become pregnant so that was wonderful until I mcd anyway.
When I had my 3rd mc, I had a dream i was like 36 weeks preg... and the mc didn't happen, oh the sadness when I woke up :(
But for me anyway, at least ikno i can concive wher before I never thought I could.

I hope the clomid works for you :) xx

We have been married 5 years. When we were on our honeymoon we said that we would go back in 5 years time and were discussing if we would be able to do it with a child or two. So if things had gone to plan I guess we would have something like a 3 year old and a 1 year old. I quite fancied 3 children so I could even be thinking about a third!

I'm also in that weird place where I can't see how we can live without children but at the same time can't see us with them either.

This month is my last chance to have a baby before I'm 30. I think when I was younger 30 was the age I imagined having children, as my parents were 30 when they had my older sister. So I suppose I am actually where I thought I would be. I just didn't imagine as a kid that I would have been trying for 3 years already at this point.

I remember saying when I was younger "if I couldn't get pregnant, I wouldn't do IVF etc. I would just adopt", as if "infertile" was a diagnosis a doctor would hand to me and then I would know and accept it immediately. I never appreciated the whole long emotionally draining process of realising and accepting and giving up hope. I'm still on the realising stage and haven't given up hope yet.

I think I imagine myself more being pregnant and being a mum now that I ever did when I was younger though. Back then, although I always really wanted kids, I imagined it in an abstract sort of way, or my imaginary kids were always babies. Now I really feel the absence, and I think my OH feels the same, especially when we see friends with children.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back