How was your day?

emilia

Reaction score
Hi everyone...
I don't know if this is a thread that anyone will use, but I thought it might be an idea for anyone to write about their day with all highs and lows! It's always nice to read other peoples experiences and we can often relate to all of it or draw strength.
A good way to get things off your chest and you can write whenever you fancy it or have the time.

Oscar has just reminded me that he NEEDS booby, so will write about my day later!!
Looking forward to reading your posts!!
Emilia xx

well my high for the day has been 3 hours walking puppy and pushing buggy through forests and rivers, and now all 3 of us are covered in mud and so is the kitchen, so my low is going to be cleaning kitchen and car and a ton of laundry :lol: :lol: :lol:

i just pray no one wants to come view our house right now ha ha ha ha they wud run a mile.

my high was braydon having his solids (baby rice) for only the second time, my low is that this morning he threw up everywhere and gave me alot of washing to do lol

great idea emelia

Woke up at 8am and Elliott was smiling instead of grizzling which was cool. Took him into my DH who played with him for an hour getting him to poke his tongue out and copy faces. We then discussed having more kids- sooner rather than later ooer. He says he'd like 3 - we have a tiny spare room but we reckon we can pack in a bunk bed and a single! I think we might have lost it!

Low point so far was trying on all the smart clothes in my wardrobe and seeing how much I've put on my hips and bottom. I've got to go to the funeral of a friend on Friday and I had thought that something would fit but it doesn't so I'm going to have to dash out and get something tomorrow.

High point was going to lunch with a friend of mine. We went for a long walk by the docks, Elliott slept all the time and we had a nice chat over lunch about things other than babies. When I got back Elliott woke naturally and was all smiles before his feed :).

He has managed to wee on me twice while I changed him today so far but actually I find it pretty funny as he always looks pleased with himself!

That's my day so far!
+++

My day:
Dropped Mason at school then went straight to the shopping centre to get hubby's birthday presents. Ended up getting him some great stuff but then didn't stop there, I ended up treating myself to a new pair of jeans, 2 tops, new boots which I LOVE and a new pair of nike trainers. What is it about the sales that makes you spend twice as much as you planned cos everything is twice as cheap!!?
Also met up with hubby and registered Brody at long last (he's 6 weeks old tomorrow!) He has NO middle name though, as hubby just couldn't find one he liked, and didn't like any of my suggestions.

Just picked up Mason from school, having a cuppa and a relax!

Well, finally I get to stop for a minute and try to remember what actually DID happen today.
You might all be impressed with me, as I mentioned on a thread yesterday, that my kids start their new school year today and that I'm on my own at the mo - hubby working away during the week. Anyway - school starts here at 7.30am - my obvious concern was that there would be no way that I could get my kids to school on time. More likely to be around midday!!!! :lol:
Anyway - as it turned out.... had a great sleep last night. Oscar only woke twice and when he does, I feed him whilst lying on my side in bed and we nod off again. He finished his last feed at 5.30am and I dozed off for half an hour before getting up. Now for the impressive bit.......
By 6.21am exactly - my kids were up and dressed having brekkie and I was washed dressed and feeding Oscar before darting out at 7am. Even managed to brush teeth for a change and put mascara on! Looked a million dollars :shock: :D

I think Oscar is over the worst of his constant feeding or maybe he's just gotten fed up with it as well. Having said that - it is very hot here and babies do tend to suckle more to prevent dehydration. He's such a little honey and gained 200g in weight this week. The HV was impressed with him and he's even lifting his head up when lying on his tummy. Very curious all the time.
I could also have sworn that he smiled several times this morning when I chatted to him closely - on the other hand probably WIND!!!
He's sleeping now - don't know how long for. He had been going to bed quite a bit later than usual the last few evenings and must say - it works much better. I've just had a bath, managed to shave my amazonic legs and overgrown armpits! Gosh I'm being so productive today - scares the living daylights out of me as tomorrow will end up being a shocker no doubt!!!!!

Right eehhh ooohhh..... must tuck other two monkeys in bed and get some dinner (bread again with cheese again!!)
I'm hoping for another good night sleepy - amazing the difference it does to once attitude. Hoping the same for ALL of you too! :wink:
Nite nite
Emilia xx

LOL I shaved my legs and armpits for the first time in a month today - big achievement!! :shock: :D :lol:

Have had a mixed day. Had a good night sleep and got up early to go to mother and baby group which I really enjoyed and have made plans to meet up with one of the mum's (have been feeling quite isolated). HV came round and little madam is doing well is now 10lb 2oz so my breastfeeding is going well. However had a few lows, have been really down and anxious and I scored above the cut off point on the post natal depression questionnaire so am worried about that (which isn't the best thing to do really). Still at least I know it is ok to feel like I have been and the HV was great and let me talk and cry. The really high point though had to be the huge smile Seren gave me, fair enough I was undoing my bra so she knew that there was a boobie on its way but it was the best thing ever and is making me teary now....am such a mess all the time, damn hormones!!!!!

I scored above the cut off point on the post natal depression questionnaire so am worried about that

I did too! dont worry, I have a history of depression and I think that questionare is ridiculous. Im sure we all have had moments of crying, anxiousness, and feeling unhappy at times but we cant all have depression!!!

The highlight of my day was Jack having a scan at the hospital for his hip, turns out things are all ok there! (phew)
Low point????? hmm, probably the fact Im eating loads at the moment when I need to loose some weight and I have just eaten a big bag of maltesers!!! :oops:

My next high point will be OH coming home from work....only 20 mins to go :D

lulu said:
I did too! dont worry, I have a history of depression and I think that questionare is ridiculous. Im sure we all have had moments of crying, anxiousness, and feeling unhappy at times but we cant all have depression!!!

i hope so, I have had reactive depression and anxiety in the past and so do not want to go through all that again. Its good to know I'm not the only one as it was another thing that hadn't gone to plan.

Great news about Jack...and aren't maltesers lighter than ordinary chocolate so am sure they won't count :wink:

High point - managed to express 5oz milk to use tonight and had a good feeding pattern going with Ella today.
High Point 2 - managed to put some chicken in the oven for tea tonight!

Low point - didn't get to use intended expressed milk for last of night feed, have had to save it for middle of night feed and use formula for tonight as friends came round and really upset Ella's schedule by staying til 9.30pm so she drained boobs and took formula. My drained boobs were supposed to express milk for middle of night to get my really sore bleeding nips a break. Feeling very angry and cheated because they stayed so long.
Low point 2 - Mum made me feel like a complete idiot today because I struggle to get Ella dressed and actually really dread getting her undressed and dressed, she was making comments about me being cack handed and actually took over, which didn't really help my confidence.
Low point 3 - Ella is still awake after being giving all my boob and taking formula. She got so pissed off earlier its upset her. Looks like I'm in for a shit night tonight, I didn't manage to get a nap today so am shattered.

Oh Rosieroo, you poor thing.

I find it hard to understand why they would stay so late knowing you need time to sort little one and yourself out!, some people!!!

I have days like that with Jack. Just think about the fact that you are doing so well with your routine and the only reason it went wrong is because of other people, not you. Tomorrow will be a better day :D

I forgot to add to my high point that I had expressed 5 oz on 2 occasions today!!!! :D

It's just after 7am here - kids aalready on their way to school by bus. It wasn't a good start today - I'm feeling very cross this morning.
After all that I achieved yesterday - buggered up through the night. Oscar had terrible wind - maybe the feta and spinach quiche I had yesterday? So, he was up EVERY hour - with zombie eyes, i winded him and plugged him in again...
My mums cat caused constant bloody chaos all night - scratching doors and playing the part of James Bond!!!!!! Our Jack Russell dog thought it amusing to bark once every 5 seconds for an hour...
all the lights tripped and can't find out why. Hubby only back tomorrow.
Both Labrador and Jack Russell have found a way to get out of fence and now I've had to lock them up in enclosure to stop them from chasing posty and neighbour on bike. They;re so naughty at the mo - I don't know why? They get loads of attn!!!! I've sworn loads in my head this morning - a really crap start!

I'm off to bed now so Oscar and I can catch up on sleep. High so far today is waking up beside an adorable little boy!!
Chat again later
Emilia
ps. well at least i've got smooth legs and not so hairy armpits!!!

High point so far is that after all that with Ella last night she slept from 11pm til 4am so I got some much needed sleep. As she had expressed milk in the night I managed to express off 4oz off my bad boob (got a really sore nipple on it) when she woke for her feed which I've put back in the fridge to go towards tonights feed.
Low point is that my nips are really sore and I am dreading the endless round of feeding again today. Plus no matter how much I feed off of the boob that I had mastitis in it doesn't seem to be producing anymore milk, it's still lagging well behind the other boob.

Missed this one - Yesterday's high point was the doctor finally prescribing Damien Gaviscon for his reflux (after refusing us it before).

low point was that the first time we tired to use it he was even more sick than normal :shock:

So far today has been one of sorts.
My high point so far is that Damien went 4.5 hours between feeds through the night - the longest he has ever gone since I let him wake himself (normally 2.5-3hourly).

Low point though is it took him 1.5 hours to feed and settle each time we got up so I still only got 4 hours sleep. OPlus my throat feels like I have swallowed a cheese grater it is so sore and I was sick last night through stomach pains. Didn;t think you could get afterpains this far after the birth, they just will not go away!

My day should gett better though as I am off to meet a mum from my antenatel group who had her little boy a few days before I had Damien, her little boy was 2 weeks early. So looking forward to adult conversation :D

I was sick last night through stomach pains. Didn;t think you could get afterpains this far after the birth, they just will not go away!
Are you breast feeding?

If so, a long feed on the boob like 1.5-2 hours causes tummy pains. Its called 'Evolution' and its your uterus going back to normal. Breast feeding for this long speeds up the process which causes the pain.
I had it , thought I was dying of food poisoning or something, rang NHS Direct and thats what they told me!

No I'm not , milk dried up when Damien was 3 weeks old. My uterus was back to within my pelvis when I was 10 days postpartum.

My day was nice when I was out but got worse because Damien didnt keep any food down all day. Just 1oz sine 4am :(

Good bit - FINALLY just got him to drink 3.5oz and its staying down!! :D

After a reasonably poo start to the day, I managed to get back to bed from 8am until 12pm. Was lovely, but the rest of the day became hellishly hectic and I managed a bowl of cereal at 4.30pm. I've shed a few tears today in pure frustation about not having enough hands and neglecting my other two kiddies a little bit. They've been so good - I just wish I wasn't growling so much today. :cry:

I've just found this week a bit overwhelming. Oscar fed most of this afternoon and evening. He's just gone to bed now. Hopefully that means that I'm in for a good night sleep. Just having a cuppa quickly and then must brush teeth, which I haven't done today yet!!!

Oh bugger, the little O is waking up again - what's going on????? :?
Must go - hope your days have been better than mine!!!
Emilia xx

Emilia I think you are doing amazingly well to cope with a demanding baby, two other children and manage this on your own. I'm finding it hard enough with just Ella and I've got DH home in the evenings. You are doing really really well {{{hugs}}}

Sorry to say but my day was crap!!!! I went to the GP this morning to find out that my infection was still there after a week of antibiotics so am having another 7 days of them to sort those stitches out :(

Then from 11.20am till 7 pm, Thomas kept on crying asking for food and then from overtiredness(he slept an hour max in between). The H/V came at 2pm, I burst into tears in front of her, she must have thought "what a wreck!!!" Positive sign is that Thomas is doing well weight wise!!!

I had a massive argument with my partner which made me cry all afternoon. I nearly went for a fag but i managed to put that idea away!!! I have no sleep, no expressed milk for tonight, do not know how I am going to manage this night as he usually wakes up at 10 pm until 2 am and visitors are coming from 10 am tomorrow!!!!

Just needed to have a rant really as i do not see anybody, and i think I am going slowly insane!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back