How was your body changed by pregnancy - and do you still regard it as beautiful?

yuku

Reaction score
Many women are left with scars, stretch marks, and loose skin after giving birth. Do you think your body is still beautiful after your pregnancy? Have you tried any methods to regain a stature?

I am still 2st heavier than I was at my booking in appointment.

I've tried and failed to loose the weight, the timing just isn't right for me (I don't have the energy or the motivation at the moment. My focus is my baby.) but I am not embarrassed of my body - at least not in front of people I know.

I carried a baby, it is a beautiful and wonderful thing.

Luckily I didn't get any stretch marks!

I am a size 14, which isn't massive but I was a size 10 before.

I'm covered in stretch marks and probably have another stone to lose. i have a proper mummy tummy as well. I struggled with it at first but now it doesn't worry me. I wouldn't go as far as to say i'm proud of it but my body worked hard carrying my baby (ds was 10lbs! I was massive. The titanic had nothing on me!) and i've got the marks to prove it.

Last edited:
I'm lucky as I didn't get any stretch marks or saggy skin (thank you genes!) and weigh less now than I did before pregnancy (at 5mo pp).

For me, having my lo and being pregnant has kinda flipped a switch inside me and made me realize how precious and amazing our bodies are; and focused me on exercising daily and eating well.

I've managed to lose my pregnancy weight plus another 19lbs to get to a healthy weight, I eat well, exercise, moisturise but my body is completely different. I don't see myself as beautiful at all, my boobs have lost all volume and sag, my stomach, sides and thighs are ripped with stretch marks. I have sagging tummy skin that I have to tuck into my underwear.

Would I swap my son for a cracking body? Hell no, he is worth every little bit of it! I am a different person now and as much as I don't like what I see in the mirror, I love looking at my little boy more. Plus, there's always plastic surgery :lol:

This is something iv started to really worry about now. I'm just over a week away from dd. I recently seen a news article about some photographer who celebrating womens post preggers bodies, this got me looking at various pics and images snd now I'm panicked. Iv got loads if stretchmarks over my bump, which I could deal with but I'm terrified of having a saggy deflated tum. My bump is enormous- and I keep wondering where all this excess skin is going to go. Oh just says it'll be fine exercise will sort it but it won't tackle the actually skin just muscle underneath. It also didnt help that my midwife weighed me for first time last week (put on 3 stone) and her face was a picture- she literally screwed her face up saying well 'that's a bit over what we'd expect' I was gutted. I know I must sound so vain, but it's never really bothered me until now.

That

I have been very lucky and lost all my pregnancy weight and more since having Madison. I have been very lucky as I haven't done much in he way of diets or exercise and really believe it has been down to bfing and being busy with having a baby.

I only got stretch marks after My bump went down but they were only small.

I think what woman go through for 9 months and the change to our bodies is an amazing thing, And should certainly be celebrated.

This is something iv started to really worry about now. I'm just over a week away from dd. I recently seen a news article about some photographer who celebrating womens post preggers bodies, this got me looking at various pics and images snd now I'm panicked. Iv got loads if stretchmarks over my bump, which I could deal with but I'm terrified of having a saggy deflated tum. My bump is enormous- and I keep wondering where all this excess skin is going to go. Oh just says it'll be fine exercise will sort it but it won't tackle the actually skin just muscle underneath. It also didnt help that my midwife weighed me for first time last week (put on 3 stone) and her face was a picture- she literally screwed her face up saying well 'that's a bit over what we'd expect' I was gutted. I know I must sound so vain, but it's never really bothered me until now.

That

you dont sound vain im exactly the same ! its hard going from a mark free in shape body to this lol but i did a post about this a while ago..
http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/pre...-ladies-worried-about-your-stretch-marks.html

you can still look as hot if not hotter than you did before you had your baby, the effort you put in to gettin your body back is what counts and i intend to do all i can :D if i never am able to show all my belly off again.. who cares! im lovin these high pencil skirts showin abit of midrif and the shape of ya body ! :D we are yummy mummys and id rather have gone through all this for the prize i get at the end :D xx

I've managed to lose my pregnancy weight plus another 19lbs to get to a healthy weight, I eat well, exercise, moisturise but my body is completely different. I don't see myself as beautiful at all, my boobs have lost all volume and sag, my stomach, sides and thighs are ripped with stretch marks. I have sagging tummy skin that I have to tuck into my underwear.

Would I swap my son for a cracking body? Hell no, he is worth every little bit of it! I am a different person now and as much as I don't like what I see in the mirror, I love looking at my little boy more. Plus, there's always plastic surgery :lol:

Yeah, you are right, mothers are always great. By the way, can i know your age when you gave birth to your lovely kid?

in the past week I've developed a lot more stretch marks i now have them on my thighs in between my legs on my hips, back and bum! I really felt like crying!! Then talking to my oh he basically said what you ladies have said, he said its a small price to pay for what we are getting at the end of it, he said i am beautiful and a few stretch marks will never change that! I felt really daft, but it is upsetting seeing your body change and I've never been vain!! Xx

I was 10stone 8 (I'm 5foot7) before getting preggo with my first......I put on 4.5 stone! due to being on rest from 27 weeks and eating lots! I was 13 stone 8 a week after his birth! I managed to get down to 11 stone 5 between having him and getting preggo with my daughter and then put on 2.5 stone with her. I am now 12 stone exactly and just got a bfp :) so each time I have put on weight and been left with a stone extra afterwards.

I haven;t exactly tried like mad to shift it - and yes I have stretch marks left from the first go - which were purple but fade to silvery white between pregnancies - and i have a lot of spare skin on my belly - but my DH always says it's my mummy's tummy - my trophy for being a mum!

If I had just gotten fat and flabby with stretch marks for any other reason I wouldn't be happy about it, but if that's how my body has changed to get my wonderful children then so be it - and bring on a few more stretch marks again!

Yeah, you are right, mothers are always great. By the way, can i know your age when you gave birth to your lovely kid?

I was 24 when I had my son. 25 now :)

I actually lost weight during pregnancy thanks to my gestational diabetes diet, but then put it all back on (and more) after the birth. I unfortunately fell into the trap of grabbing not very healthy snacks for the first couple of months, but im working on slowly losing it again at the moment.
I also got a lot of stretchmarks on my stomach over the last few weeks of pregnancy, which bothered me quite a bit as they appeared - however after my son was born it only took a few days before i started to actually quite like my 'mummy stripes' :)
If you think about it, there are a lot of mothers out in the world, and how many times have you noticed any of the things we worry about (like stretch marks etc) on other women? I dont think i ever have, which means people probably arent noticing it about us either :)

I didn't like my body pre pregnancy so god know what i will be like post pregnancy!x

I didn't like my body pre pregnancy so god know what i will be like post pregnancy!x

ok, you belong to the pesimisstic  type.

A lot of people feel negative about their bodies.

A lot of people feel negative about their bodies.

Of course no one is perfect. Many women think they are too fat or too short and so on. But we should not stare at the unsatisfactory part, which will make us feel frustrated . There is definitely some parts of the body that are beautiful, for example, a pair of long legs, ample bosom, flawless complexion ... which :) can make you feel proud if you like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back