How to tell parents & in-laws?? Ideas? :)

Sharcaz

Reaction score
I'm 5wk+4 and we are holding out until the 12 week scan to tell everyone! It'll be both of our parents first grandchild, and we'll tell them separately due to being so far apart!

How did you all break the news to your families? We were thinking of popping the scan in a personalised photo frame that says "Say hello to your first grandchild" or something along those lines!

I'm also really nervous that I'll be showing by then and they'll guess before we can tell them!! eeek! xx

There's a thread that says pregnancy announcements check there as they have some good ideas that people have done and are doing
That's my trouble to as I'm 10weeks and have got a belly bloat so just wearing baggy clothes to disguise it lol x

You will not really be showing at 12 weeks trust me. I'm 29 weeks and there are some people who have only just began to show a few weeks back. Sending a picture is a nice way of doing it.

some people show earlier than others, my friend had a big bump at 15weeks. With my other two pregnancies I didn't show that much but I think with this one il show earlier

Im 12 weeks and showing? This is my second and have had numerous comments already.

Everyone is different, has diff body types, baby sizes and therefore show at diff times.

My first bump came about 17w but this one its gonn be earlier.

Anyway we are giving a giftbox and dummy with a cute tag attached and a scan piitmagnet as we are waiting until after the dating scan too.

xxxx

I bought my parents a book called "the grandparents handbook" My mum started crying immediately :)
(My son was their first grandchild)

Aww thanks for replying everyone! Lovely to hear everyone's stories! Thanks for the tip cookie I'll look in that thread instead :D

Jomc, this will be both of our parents first grandchild too so we're super excited to announce it!

I've read all kind of times that women show...and apparently second time mums often show earlier too, I guess it's all down to how your body goes...we'll soon see!!!

We gave people a picture of a bun in our oven and let people know that way.
Was quite amusing and not seen that done before, although I am sure it has been done. Xx

I pulled up, put the pregnancy test on the doorstep rang the bell and locked me and my 7 month old in the car

Last edited:
You will not really be showing at 12 weeks trust me. I'm 29 weeks and there are some people who have only just began to show a few weeks back. Sending a picture is a nice way of doing it.

I hit 13 weeks and there was a noticeable bump.

We tell our parents and inlaws tonight. Yes on April fools day! Its my wee brothers birthday tomorrow, plus OH works at the weekend. So I'd rather do it today, get it over with and enjoy the rest of the weekend.

I dont think they will think its a joke since Ive had to hide my belly for a couple weeks.

Ive made my little tags up, so after work I go get ribbon, gift boxes and get the scan pic made into little magnets for them.

Im excited, but nervous. You wouldn't believe this is my second child and Im 25!! :lol:

xxxx

Boxes all ready to tell them however my dads now away out and Jackson and I are tired.

So tomorrow it is.

xxxx

Attachments

• 20160401_191014~2.jpg
    20160401_191014~2.jpg
    489.1 KB · Views: 25
  • 20160401_191102~2.jpg
    20160401_191102~2.jpg
    471.8 KB · Views: 14
Boxes all ready to tell them however my dads now away out and Jackson and I are tired.

So tomorrow it is.

xxxx

Awww they're beautiful!! Love the idea! Hope it all goes brilliantly tomorrow, bet you've been so excited to tell everyone!!! :) xxx

Last edited:
My sister was obviously pregnant at 8 weeks.the bump was a dead give away - I showed clearly around 14 weeks with my first... I hear the second is sooner. I alreay have a slight bulge at 9 weeks but still able to hide it thankfully!

We were lucky, as it was December when we had our 12 week scan and so we put the scan pics in Christmas cards and went to visit to hand them over lol
I was certainly bulging out a bit by 12 weeks and covering up with jumpers lol - two of my work colleagues even guessed before we told the grandparents! I think it depends on the lady ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back