How to stop breastfeeding

smilingsophie

Reaction score
Does anyone have advice about how to stop breastfeeding? My daughter is 7montjd old and will not take a bottle. I'm going back to work in November and work shifts so would like to stop BF herbsoon but it's stressing me out that she refuses every bottle I give her

Any advice would be much appreciated

following I did read somewhere to get someone else say the hubby etc to feed with a bottle because baby knows your doing it might not take it and want boob, sorry I am not much help xx

Last edited:
Try these out..

Cut out night feeds to reduce your supply of milk over all.

Try different bottle and teat types. I've heard that a dream feed with a bottle can sometimes be used to introduce a bottle successfully.

My friend's baby wouldn't take a bottle but would take milk from a soft spout beaker so she went with that.

U can use a beaker now try puttin milk in that. Thats what my belreast feeding supporter told me x

I introduced a dream feed which helped her to take a bottle and also used nuk bottles as the teats are supposed to be more like nipples? She only would take a bottle morning and night though so gave her normal food during the day from about 8/9 months. I introduced formula by mixing it with her cereal although once she started eating proper food she was less fussy with that. In terms of reducing feeding I did it gradually by initially cutting out night feeding which really reduces your supply and then gave her a bottle before bed and finally ditched the morning feed :) good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back