How to keep baby cool?

kedi376

Reaction score
I'm currently at the inlaws and its 38 degrees and getting hotter. We have no swimming pool or air conditioning and I can see j is struggling at times, as so am I.

I keep wetting her hair and have tried tying it up today.

Anyone got any good tips?

I popped her in front of the fan to sleep this afternoon but was worried that sleeping in a draft wasn't good either.

I live in the tropics where it is hot all the time.

Drape a cold, wet muslin over the fan, it makes a temporary sort of air con, don't blow it directly onto her.

Lots of cool baths.

A paddling pool in the shade.

That's a great idea with the wet Muslin and fan. I'm gonna try that tonight. Thanks.

We're in a flat so can't do the paddling pool.

I put a wet hat on Ts head if we're outside to keep him cool. It's between 45 and 51 degrees here at the mo and we don't go out between 10am-4pm as its too hot. Do you have a bucket or make shift washing up bowl if you don't have access to a paddling pool? Make sure she drinks plenty of water too - most important.
Xx

Wow that is hot! How do you cope. I am currently a sweaty mess!

I tried a hat today but she just kept taking it off. It wasnt wet though so maybe ill try that.

She is drinking loads of water. I'm so glad I've been pushing the sippy cup for the last two months and she is great with it now. She even screams at me when she sees it.

I have access to a washing up bowl, I guess that will do tomorrow. Ill give anything a go to keep her cool and happy.

I've just got her off to sleep but its too hot for cuddles tonight so took longer than normal.

I've read advice to protect against SIDS that moving air in the room is good. If you have a fan that moves around and point it above the bed that might work? I would do that if it was as hot here as it is where you are! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back