How to get rid of IVF injection bumps?

Discussion in 'Long Term TTC & Fertility Issues' started by star101, Feb 16, 2016.

1. star101

star101 Well-Known Member

Hi All I have just finished all my shots for IVF. I do understand that the ultimate aim is to kind of wreck my stomach anyway but in case that doesnt happen I wouldnt mind getting rid of the injection site bumps (little red bumps where the needles went in). Will these disappear by themselves or should I be doing something to help get rid of them?

Thanks ladies, I figure if I cant get pregnant then I might as well look blemish-free!!

2. Jasmine111

Jasmine111 Well-Known Member

They will go on their own just give them a few days xx

3. Blueflower

Blueflower Well-Known Member

When I had mine in the summer, they lasted until the next go in the autumn but then both lots faded together so I must have reacted and then got used to them.
    It was hard being in my bikini on the beach with ivf injection bumps but no baby bump. I hope yours works out. :)

#3 Blueflower, Feb 16, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
  4. star101

star101 Well-Known Member

Thanks Jasmine and Blueflower! I will see if they fade by themselves then. They just look a bit hideous at the moment but I'm not that vain promise!! ER tomorrow so will see what happens. Good luck to both of you also xx

5. Blueflower

Blueflower Well-Known Member

The nurse said don't use moisturiser as it can react but just stop your tummy getting too hot if possible!