How the hell to cope at work with morning sickness??

EnglishRose88

Reaction score
Im suffering terrible nausea and fatigue. Its actually that bad that I want to quit my job because of it (but I cant).
I am a barista in a coffee house, being surrounded by coffee and food smells also makes my nausea much worse (even though I used to LOVE coffee before I got pregnant)

Does anyone have any tips on how to cope through the work day with nausea??

I only get one half-hour break per day so I dont have any time to rest during the work day and my work is quite physical we are on our feet all day and NEVER get to sit down.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Hi Im 9+1 and I started my new job today I'm also a barista in a coffee shop lol! It wasn't to bad today I keep ginger sweets and mints in my apron and suck on them when I feel sick it helps I also drink loads of water as my throat always feels dry and horrible . The smell of coffee was ok it didn't make me feel sick although I do hate coffee but not the smell.

NEVER let yourself get hungry
Keep snacks in your pocket
Constantly sip water
Try cheese savouries they soak up nausea

Constantly sip water

Oh does going hungry make it worst?I must keep on top of that as I often do and don't eat breakfast.

Constantly sip water

Thank you. Unfortunately we are not allowed to eat whilst on shift, which means going sometimes 5 hours without eating (which makes my nausea terrible). Maybe if I tell my boss I am pregnant I will be allowed to have small snacks/nibbles whilst working?

Last edited:
Your boss should definately accommodate for your being pregnant meaning frequent breaks and snacks.
Being hungry/tired makes nausea worse xx

Your boss should definately accommodate for your being pregnant meaning frequent breaks and snacks.

I will have to tell my boss I am pregnant then hopefully she can accomodate.

Ask your manager if you can have 2 15 minute breaks. People snack in the back at work on chocolate and stuff so it shouldn't be a problem for me. Maybe you should trying bringing in snack sized fruit, nuts, cheese that you can keep in your apron and eat along the day. X

I would definitely tell your boss- i'm a teacher and have to start nibbling crackers and biscuits whilst teaching and sitting down for a few mins to cope. Both would normally be frowned upon but my boss has been very understanding and says you need to do what's best for you :)

I completely agree with don't let yourself go hungry- that's when I feel sick. Ginger biscuits help

Eat something before u get out of bed....helps me to cope with shower and getting ready.... then I agree, eating small but often will help.

I feel for u, I'm struggling with an office job...but at least I can sit down all day...

Xxx

I know how you feel hun, im off work because i feel so bad. I work in a nursery with toddlers and there is no way id cope at work atm. Id defo tell your boss im sure they will be very understanding.

Michelle. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back