how soon should you leave exercising after a forceps delivery and 3rd degree tear?

Natalie_reid

Reaction score
Hi I had my wee boy 11 days ago and I had a forceps delivery which resulted in a 3rd degree tear, my midwife came on Wednesday to check me over and said my belly was down but my BP was still a bit high. I asked her about excercise as I thought it would be 6 weeks before I should be doing anything due to stitches bruising and my blood pressure. But she said no no you can start now! Is 11 days too soon to start?? What have you been told?xx

I had a 3c tear and had a physio appointment at 6 weeks, she told me to wait another 6 weeks before running but I was out walking (slowly to start with!) from a few days. I still haven't started running 5 months in as my joints are still delicate.
I'd say just whenever you feel ready but there is no rush!
Ps congratulations!! X

Id leave it a little bit for running as i find my ligaments etc still seem odd and week from the relaxin while im breastfeeding, i alwsys seem to pull, twist, hurt knees etc, rather than it being a problem from birth/section stitches etc

Im back to feeling pretty good tummy wise and so am fast walking alot now but building up the distance so I dont overdo it.

Just wish my dodgy intestines from surg would settle down too !

Last edited:
Everyone is different but I can't face exercising just yet (day 12) as much as I'd like to! Everything is still a little sore, although mw said it's all healing just fine.
I think 3 weeks will be when I'll attempt some jogging with pram but before that I think I'll try walking with weights and doing arm/leg and gentle abs excercises if I can. Cannot wait to get back to my cardio classes!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back