How soon did you have sex again?

Emma.b

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

Well as above says really lol. Since having Harrison my libido has return with vengeance after not having a sex drive at all for nearly 8 months.

I am dying to jump on my OH. I've completely healed downstairs (few grazes and small tear), and my bleeding seems to have stopped barely anything to look at yesterday. It's been 2 weeks 2 days since giving birth, i'm gonna leave it a few more days just to make sure bleeding doesn't return. OH is going away at the weekend (to work) so i'm thinking if bleeding is no were to be seen by Thursday will i be ok to jump on him?

What do you think? x x x

If you feel ok and healed it should be fine.

I don't know how you can have the energy lol, but if you do then go for it!

I don't think DH will be lucky for a while...

xx

I waited the advised 6 weeks and had no pain at all, so glad I didn't do it earlier as some people I knew did it early as they felt ok, but when it actually happened it was agony, so be careful!

I had a tear and waited just over 3 weeks and its was perfectly fine - felt completely back to normal. I'd say if you feel ready you probably are. Just remember contraception lol

Thank you ladies!

I do feel ready, i'm nipping out tomorrow to buy condoms and lube as i've heard hormone imbalance can make things a little dry downstairs. I think i'm gonna give it ago, if it hurts at all we can always stop!

x x x

We waited about 2 weeks 2days. Glad I'm not the only one jumping theiir husband lol. Didnt think about sex at all for about the 1st 5 days then my labido kind of went crazy. I had 4 stitches and a graze but healed very quickly and would have been willing to give it a go by then but waited until 2 weeks for bleeding to stop and another 2 days to have a chance when baby was sleeping. I was ready to find it difficult but the sex was actually great. It was slightly uncomfortable in some positions at first but by 3 weeks after birth there was no discomfort at. Poor OH, I'm the one pestering him for some action all the time, it's suposed to be the other way around!

I think some docs, MWs go by the six week rule and some don't. Personally I think 6weeks should just be a general guide. Everyones labours. and bodies are different. Some women are still bleeding or in a lot of pain 2 months after birth some are pretty good within 2weeks so it only makes sense that not everone is ready at the same time.

Last edited:
Well OH went out and bought condoms yesterday and we did the deed last night.

It was lovely, have to be honest it felt a bit uncomfortable at the very beginning, so we took it slowly and i soon forgot all about the discomfort! Lol

Woke this morning expecting some light bleeding of discomfort and got nothing! I'm really happy, and so is OH! Hahaha

x x x

Glad it went well :). You hear so many horror stories that I've been pleasantly surprised how easy the recovery from birth has been.

I was very shocked at how soon my sex drive has returned but have to be honest i think it has a lot to do with the fact that my labour was pretty straight forward, so it made recovery easier!

My first labour was completely different, and never wanted sex again after that labour! Hahaha

I think i'm gonna give it ago, if it hurts at all we can always stop!

So glad i came across this thread. We have been dying for it (lol) for the past 10 days or so and today we dtd! It felt great! lol. Then i totally panicked that it was too soon - 2 weeks and 4 days after labour. I have had a little very light bleeding after, and a bit of low tummy pain though. So good to see im not the only one jumping on my OH so soon after labour! x

Lol colourmeblue i was surprised also at how many of us turn into randy rabbits as soon as we've given birth!

To be honest, make the most of having the energy to DTD haha, my libido has slowly ebbed away and been replaced by tiredness! Lol

x x x

Well i wasnt horny AT ALL during pregnancy, so im glad my libido has returned, even if it is with a vengeance! I would have thought though that sex would be the last thing on my mind so soon after labour, but apparently not! lol. Its a shame the tiredness will kick in soon :( x

Lol, its funny how unpredictable hormones are. Glad I'm not alone. I havent even found tiredness got in the way too much but OH has a bad hip at the moment so that makes things a bit awkward.

I've been wondering this too, I think I'm pretty much back to normal but will be waiting another weeks to be certain.
Glad sex drive is back as I was worried I'd never feel like it again xx

Tapatalking. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back