How soon can this happen?

Tineke

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have been reading your posts and am hoping things are happening now for some of you!! My thoughs are with you!!!

I went to the doctors yesterday and he said the baby was fully engaged and believe in me I can feel it BIG TIME. My belly is totally hard (not tightenings but totally full of the baby. Had a Tupperwear Party last night and everyone came up to me saying, "there is no way you will make it till Januray 6th, this one is for sure coming early!", It was every mother who has had children who said this to me, and I just kept thinknig, 'PLEASE< I HOPE SO....'

It's getting harder to walk now, and I seem only mobile for a few minutes at a time really.

So, what do you think about the engagement part? Could this be sooner or am I getting to the, "I cant handle this anymore stage!"

If you belly is hard then that should hopefully mean that your baby has got his/her back against your tummy which is a really good position to be in as babies are less likely to be induced if they are in the right position (according to my antenatal class), so you shouldn't have to wait too much longer hopefully. Fingers crossed! :D

I saw my midwife yesterday who told me my baby is fully engaged but unfortunately also told me that it's normal for 1st babies and doesn't mean they will come early :(

Anyway who wants a baby over Xmas?? :lol: :lol:

Sorry to say this but don't get your hopes up.

Loads of people said the same to me, including my midwife, who said I was 3 cms when she gave me my sweep and there was NO WAY I would need to be induced. The baby was in a good position too.... yet I was still induced 10 days over.

Don't get me wrong, I hope it doesn't happen to you... but if you expect you baby soon, it's even more gutting when it doesn't happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back