How soon after getting EWCM do you ovulate?

Katkin72

Reaction score
I had a miscarriage recently and needed a D&C 2 weeks ago. Since then I had light bleeding, more like spotting but that stopped several days ago. I was told not to have sex for 2 weeks after my D&C which is now up today. I took a pregnancy test yesterday to check if my body had returned to normal and it was negative. I also did an OPK test yesterday afternoon and this afternoon - both were negative but this evening ive had LOADS of EWCM. Does anyone know how long after you get EWCM that you ovulate? I don't want to miss it!!
I used a Tesco test, wondering whether to do a Clearblue test as well??

Your cervical mucus changes with the levels of hormone present in the blood stream. Early in the follicular phase cervical mucus is non existent or it is sticky, tacky, and often white, yellow or opaque in appearance.
As the levels of estrogen rise the cervical mucus becomes clearer, wetter and thinner, when the estrogen levels peak (just prior to ovulation) the cervical mucus becomes jelly like, pliable and elastic or stretchable, resembling raw egg white, often termed Egg White Cervical Mucus (not all women experience this kind of mucus). At the time of ovulation, the wet cervical mucus ceases.
Ovulation occurs (with 85% of women) on the day the wet or EWCM ceases, and (with 10% of women) the day after the EWCM has ceased. The clear, thin, wet mucus is produced up to 6 days prior to ovulation, this is fertile mucus. The EWCM is produced immediately prior to ovulation, this is highly fertile mucus.

Hope this answers your question, FX you get a positive OPK soon and get BDing to catch that little egg x

Thank you :)
I did a Clearblue test this evening - it was also negative :-( My OH is relieved as he is knackered and really not in the mood to BD tonight lol. BUT I have warned him I am going to jump on him in the morning - am quite nervous as this will be the 1st time since I found out I was pregnant (although sadly we lost the baby).

I know how you feel we were pregnant in june but lost the pregnancy at 6 weeks. I was a little bit nervous trying again after the miscarriage but it does get easier. I would of had my 12 week scan last tuesday. I only know that as the hospital still sent me out the scan appointment even after they had confirmed the miscarriage buy an early scan several weeks prior. I cried most of tuesday thinking what might of been but there is no point dwelling on the past. You have to look foward and pray that our little baby comes along soon.

Michelle x

Thank you for your reply Balthazar - I'm so sorry to hear about your loss :hug: I should have been going for my 12 week scan around now too :-( I try not to think about it but I can't help working out how many weeks I would be if I hadn't had a mc.
Fx you get your BFP soon xxx

I posted this in my TTC journal but thought I would copy it into this thread to see if i can get some advice:

Not sure if my body is still sorting itself out - I got a positive OPK yesterday but my temp for the past few days has been quite erratic:
CD 15 - 36.17
CD 16 - 36.52
CD 17 - 36.38 - positive OPK
CD 18 (today) - 36.65

Not sure if that's much of a drop yesterday when I got my positive OPK or a particularly big rise today. I've just done another OPK and it was negative so I guess I might have ovulated yesterday. I'd be very grateful for any advice please.......does it look like I have ovulated or could my body still be sorting itself out after my mc?

Just ordered a new BBT thermometer as my current one is a bit hit & miss sometimes.

Hi Katkin72, as far as I know, when your temps go up by two 10ths of a degree over the temps since the end of AF then you have ovulated ie if your temps were 36.4 and under and is now 36.6 then ovulation has happened xx

Hmm.. I should also mention that sometimes people have outlying temperatures ie like the one you had a couple of days ago. You generally exclude these one offs unless they occur regularly during the first half of your cycle.

Thank you twinkle_toes :)
Guess I'll just have to sit and wait for 2 weeks now. This is the worst part!! I'm not going to symptom spot or do a test this time round, just wait for the witch to arrive!

Good luck katkin hope you are successfully this cycle and get your BFP. Keep us update on any developments

Michelle x

Well, this morning I thought the witch was on her way - I had some pinky dc which I though was the start of bleeding, but nothing since then. I also had some AF aches and pains but they've gone too. Maybe it was just OV spotting and pains...... Wish I knew what my body was up to lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back