how soon after a mc did you start ttc again?

MrsCK

Reaction score
Hi

I had a mc on Sunday at 5wk+3, I am absolutely devastated. Sunday I started bleeding at around 5pm, I went straight to a&e and they did 2 pt which came back negative and took my bloods and said my hcg was 32 :( , they told me to come back on Tuesday to test my bloods again and my hcg was 8. The mw said that the baby stopped growing soon after i conceived. It hit me really bad, I have cried so much over the last few days.

I am still heartbroken, but am starting to feel slightly better today, not as numb. The mw phoned me yesterday evening to see how I was doing and she said I could start trying again as soon as I felt ready to, there was no need to wait for my AF, I just need to wait until i've stopped bleeding and then we can start ttc.

Both my husband and I have said that we would like to try again asap but I was just wondering for any of you ladies that have mc, how soon after did you start ttc?

I've always tried right away soon as I stopped bleeding and felt emotionally and physically able to , sorry for ur loss xx

I'm very sorry for your loss and my heart goes out to you. We waited a couple of months after ours but that was for medical reasons. We would of started trying straight away otherwise. X

sorry to hear of your loss

I have always tried straight away too....I did conceive straight away after my 10 week mc, but it was a chemical....but think that was just bad luck.

If you feel ready then go for it.

Thanks ladies, we really do want to start trying straight away, I just need to wait for the bleeding to stop. it's actually not that bad, since i started on Sunday it's been like a normal AF but just with a bit more cramping, i've not had anything heavy or any clots so hopefully it won't last that long.

Hey we tried the month straight after. I felt like it gave me something to be more positive for and helped me and hubby to be 'normal' with each other if you know what I mean. Fx for you hon x x

Hey we tried the month straight after. I felt like it gave me something to be more positive for and helped me and hubby to be 'normal' with each other if you know what I mean. Fx for you hon x x

I know exactly what you mean T84, i am so worried that it is going to take me years to fall pregnant again, i really hope it happens soon xx

After my mmc i waited for my next period before trying again just to be sure of dates, after my chemical i didnt wait at all. I think its just a personal choice hun xxx

i didn't really get chance to think about trying again because i fell pregnant after we did it once a week after the mc. Personally i think we are so much more fertile after a labour or mc so i think if you both feel ready then go for it hun x

My GP said that you're more fertile after a mc, so if you feel emotionally ready then don't wait around .... strike while the irons hot xx

The only downside of me trying again straight away tho is I got myself so hopeful of getting a bfp cos I had been told I would be more fertile. when af showed last cycle i was literally devastated again!! It's hard to find a balance between positive and too hopeful x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back