How sick before you go to doc?

Tiny Sue

Reaction score
hey -

Naomi's thrown up a complete feed this morning and been fractious and annoyed and screaming to be picked up between feeds for the rest of the day. I know she wants her Mum and that's a large part of it. She's kept most of her feeds down since but even when sleeping seems to startle out of it and begin screaming - and it's not her hungry cry. I can only assume it's wind pains but winding her does not good.

My question is would you go to the doctor straight away or try to rely on your own judgement for a day first? I didn't bring her to the doctor and I feel now that I did a silly thing, if she gets worse during the night there's only the A&E, and they always look at you funny for wasting their time.

Also - when I was a kid my neighbour, who had seven children but had lost one of them, described in detail to me exactly how it happened, and why the child had died (mother didn't respond to screaming). I remembered this story the other day and now I'm totally freaked out! I have to keep Naomi from screaming too much at all costs, I'm afraid she'll do herself a mischief!

Sue

if your worried call nhs direct they r brilliant and will answer all your questions and if needed will send a doctor

I would say trust your feelings, if you feel that there is something wrong either phone NHS direct or go to a and e. If there is nothing wrong then the worst is you get "that look", have had it too. But at least you will have peace of mind. It is scary when they scream, Seren will do it so much she will forget to breath. You are a new mum, we are allowed to be neurotic, it's the law. Hope Naomi is ok, am sure that she is xxx

I hope things were a little better last night hun. But I just wanted to add, your Naomi's mum, and you know her better than anyone and when she just isn't right. If you;re not happy with her then get her checked out.

They kept telling me Damien had wind, I told them it was reflux, he stopped breathing and then they told me he had reflux :roll:

Trust your instincts, we're allowed to be neurotic xx

Thanks girls...Naomi was absolutely fine lastnight and there were no problems .

Hope it stays that way!

Sue

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back