How ready are you for new arrival? Out of 10? :)

Laura1992

Reaction score
Just for fun really..

How far along are you and how sorted are you?

I'll start. I'm 28+1.

- Clothes: Bought/given but nothing washed
- Nursery: Wardrobe and drawers ordered but no idea when they arrive. Cotbed not picked.
- Small bits (nappies, muslins, bouncers etc): Have bouncers, muslins and blankets. No nappies or wipes.
- Travel: Pushchair is in the garage
- Feeding (bottles if using, pump etc): Pump is around somewhere, need to sterilise. Hoping to BF.

Readiness rating: 5.5/10? I'd say 7/10 if I had a total of 40 weeks to play with, but I only have max of 2 months left.

Last edited:
Baby number 2 due in 5 weeks, everything bought and washed and ready, hospital bag backed, bottles washed just to be sterilised before going to the hospital so physically were ready but mentally I'm probably at about a 3 lol my 3 year year old has me exhausted so a little worried about how I'll cope with a newborn and 3 year old this time but we got through it once we will do it again

30 weeks today & still living at the in laws as our house isn't finished lol!

We have clothes some washed
My bag is nearly packed and have everything to pack for the twinnies bag (just need their bag)
Buggy at my mums
We have their Moses baskets just need a few more sheets/blankets
Have their monitors (bought 2nd hand from a friend)
Will try BF but have everything for bottle feeding too (need an electric pump)
Need to buy car seats !

Feel like I'm not ready at all ! Lol. X

27+5 today according to my app, know the ticker puts me behind that but I can't see it on my phone.
Pram with complete travel system is bought.
We have a lot of clothing but it's not washed and organised and I don't think we have enough in tiny sizes.
We're moving to another country in three weeks. Need to pack up the flat and get rid off everything we're not bringing.
Our future bedroom doesn't have a floor and walls need painting.
Changing area with running water has been set up for us.
Cot bed isn't bought, but one has been picked out at Ikea if we can't find something better second hand.
Nothing in the nappy department.

I feel about as ready is 2/10 lol

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Rhiandell we had a got and mattress for my son from ikea and have to say it was great

36 weeks and the nursery has been finished for weeks, car seat has been fitted ( bought an Isize isofix on special offer ) pram has been vinyl wrapped and cleaned. Hospital bag and baby bag packed and repacked over and over :) , Probably 9/10 ready .

Still to do :
Wash the clothes /blankets to freshen them up
Buy baby monitor
Buy baby milk incase he doesn't take to breast :-/
? Consider a breast pump

Last edited:
I had to get all the clothes washed this week my parents are on holiday so they won't see all the pink as we've not old anyone we're having a girl

Rhiandell we had a got and mattress for my son from ikea and have to say it was great

Rhiandell is Swedish and about to move back there. I assume they have Ikea in Sweden? :lol:

Haha, yes, do you have Ikea in Sweden Lisa?!

Hmm.. I'd say 7.. Put it this way, if baby came tomorrow I don't think I'd have a complete meltdown, maybe just a bit of one! I need to wash her clothes but I think I'll do that much closer to the time so they're all fresh and lovely.. Need to give the nursery a lick of paint but everything's bought just needs to be put in a 'home'. It's so much fun getting everything together though isn't it?! Or is anyone really hating it? I do feel a little overwhelmed by the choice you have when it comes to buying anything though.. I spent too much time looking at product reviews! xx

Hi ladies...well I am 36+1 weeks and we are all ready for baby. Nursery has been finished for a while...bought the pram ages ago so I wouldn't waste the money..clothes have been washed and ironed..hospital bag and baby's bag are packed and ready...I have sorted a cupboard in the kitchen for all the bottles and milk just incase she doesn't take to breastfeeding...car seat and base are installed in the car ready...so I think we are all set to go!!! Xx

27+4 and nursery is half painted.
We've got everything sorted apart from mattress's and crib sheets and muslin cloths etc. Clothes are all washed and organised now and I already started my hospital bag lol.
A friend is giving us her unused car seat and movement monitor mat if we can get up to see her before Jan. Wanting the nursery totally finished this week xx

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Haha, yes, we do indeed have Ikea in Sweden. :) We're mostly looking at second hand stuff first because we like to recycle.
But apparently my mom has changed her mind and is now doing up to Mose's baskets. I'm not entirely sure what her plan is, but she's so excited I kind of just let her do her thing. The one basket is the one she slept in that me and me siblings have slept in as well, so I really wanted to use it but it just wouldn't be practical with two. Well, it will be a very short time they can use the baskets anyway.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

I'm about a 2 or a 3...!
Still need to get car seat (having my friends old one which goes on the travel system we've bought from her but she's 250 miles away and we're not seeing her until I'm 38 weeks!)
Need to actually figure out how to put the travel system together, it adapts to a double so loads of bits to figure out where they go.
need sheets for the bedside crib.
need bottles in case I struggle with breastfeeding/latching again and have to express.
Need to sort out our house as it's still chaos from moving in during the summer.
Haven't even thought about the hospital bag yet or got any nappies in.
Clothes seems to be the only thing I think we're ok on.
need to try and find a name we like too!
Probably tonnes more that needs sorting but I've been so busy with other things I've barely given any of it a thought. Oops! I was quite on the ball first time around ! X

I'm 2 days away from 27 weeks and haven't done a thing yet! I'm now starting to panic!!!

I'm 28+1 and I think I'm doing fairly well on the organisation front, it's our first so we're a little enthusiastic. Nursery done furniture all assembled bedding and accessories sorted, nursing chair built this week....its the only place I can get truly comfy to be honest! Travel system ready, bouncer and steriliser bought. We are getting a next to me crib, thanks to my grandad so waiting for him to purchase that, changing bag bought but nothing to go in it. Baby monitors bought!
We don't have clothes yet, bath, toiletries nappies, muslin but thought I'd wait till later to get that! So maybe a 6.5/10!

I think I've been panicking since I found out haha! Me and partner went a bit crazy and most of the things by the time I was 24 weeks-not sure if that's madness or organisation haha!

I'm 33+6 now and have pretty much everything done, all I'm waiting for is the crib and bath which the MIL has been saying she's going to give me for the last 6 months! I need nightwear to finish the hospital bag off, again MIL says she has old nighties which I can give birth in and throw away but still waiting on that.

Just waiting on the MIl but I'm panicking again and I know I'm going to end up buying it all at this rate haha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back