how overdue?

GBLiz

Reaction score
if all is otherwise fine and just the baby is late, how much overdue do they let you go before intervening?

does it vary according to hospital?

just working out all scenarios so i can try to sort my life out :wall:

At my hospital it is a max of term + 10 days, but I know in some places it is 2 weeks

i thought it would be 10-12 days but midwife said they induce u at 14 days

thanks, i'll assume a t+14 to be on the safe side

we can swing a 2 week period at home around when she's due and im sure she will be late rather than early..... :pray: :pray:

It varies from hospital to hospital. They leave you till you are T+7 before offering you a sweep and would probably set an induction date for sometime between T+10-T+14

My obstretrician has said that he only normally allows T+10 max, most woman are normally begging to be induced by then! :rotfl:

With my fourth i wasn't sure of my dates (was on mini pill) when i had scan at 20 wks it said 5th of april.....but as i always go over and have big babies we fiddled the dates i had him on the 24th he was overdue but not in danger...was well monitored he was down as term +14 but as you can see from the scan date he was 19 days over.....I refused to be induced.....but i'm like that ...not one for chemicals...used 15ml of castor oil in the end and it did the trick :rotfl: had him at home too :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back