How much weight should I have gained at 21 weeks ??

Lil miss lee

Reaction score
I am 21 weeks this week and I weighed myself today and I have gained 6 lbs. what has everyone else gained? And at what stage in ur pregnancy did u gain the most?

I really don't understand my weight. I have a lovely bump & huge boobs & I weigh the same today as I did at my midwife booking appointment at 8 weeks. I hear the pounds pile in after 24 weeks. X

I've gained 8lbs now at 23 weeks. Gained nothing for ages and now I'm gaining lots! Don't think there's a hard and fast rule. People are all different. I'm just eating when I'm hungry xx

I didn't weight myself when I found out so I've got no idea and am in blissful denial!!

I'm scared incase I gain to much because I was on slimming world and I had a strict diet and now I've been eating what I want when I want.

Hi lil miss lee

I'm currently 29weeks and have gained 1st8lbs so far. I believe the last trimester is when the weight steadily goes on at roughly 1lbs a week. I have been following slimmingworld the whole time (I was doing it before) and I've found its helped so much keep me in check.

I'm not sure there is a set amount that people should/shouldn't gain but I read somewhere, and I cant remember where that anywhere between 2-2.5st is ideal but don't quote me on it.

I'm aiming for no more than 2.5st gain so currently on track. Either way as long as you are eating healthy then I wouldn't worry about it :)

I have not weighed myself since booking. I was a wee bit lighter this booking than last booking. First time round I gained 3st. But I was sick throughout and had no sickness this time so expect to probs be bigger!!

xxxx

Hi summergurl.

I'm not following slimming word at the mo I stopped about 5-6 weeks ago so basically I have gained a lb a week since stopping. But lost almost 2 stone b4 that and only started in Jan. Just found it very stressful. This is my 4th pregnancy but with my others I ate what I want and my excuse was I'm feeding for 2 I dread to think what I put on with them. I'm hoping I don't put to much on this time round. Xx

There is no 'should' really, everyone is different. My due date is tomorrow, and I'm about 20lbs up on my booking in weight.

I was 9 stone 2 before I was pregnant. I am now 8 stone 12 and nearly 14 weeks. Think its my sickness thats caused me to loose weight. I lost with my last pregnancy too x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back