how much water

mrz85

Reaction score
Hello ! b4 ur scan how much water did u drink ? I got my scan 2mrw but got a feeling I am going b dieing for the loo lol :-/

I know on my early scan i drank far too much and was so uncomfortable :(

And i also had a friend who drank too much on her 12 week scan that the baby was squished so she got told to half empty her bladder so they could see it better x

so i guess just enough so your bladder feels full and not so you are bursting lol x

I remember my first i was abserloutly desperate i couldnt wait for the scan to be over so i could go lol dont want that again x

Hello ! b4 ur scan how much water did u drink ? I got my scan 2mrw but got a feeling I am going b dieing for the loo lol :-/

And also goodluck for your scan hun :D mine is also tomorrow :) xx

It's difficult to judge. Depends what time of day it is and whether you've had much to drink already in the day. It's a bit late for me to give this advice, but because my first scan was 2.30pm, I gave my bladder 'trial runs' in the days before the scan, having a certain amount to drink at lunch, emptying my bladder at 1.30pm and seeing how much I needed to sip before I was just right at 2.30pm. Sounds a bit crazy and obsessive, but it worked for me! I think I had about 400ml two hours before scan, then I emptied bladder an hour later, then drank another 400ml or so in between last wee and the scan. I'd bring a bottle of water with you and don't drink too much before the scan, but if you're not feeling full enough fifteen minutes before, take a drink. Good luck x

Mine says a pint an hour before the appointment.
Good luck for tomorrow!! xx

I was told a pint, 1 hour before scan. Was absolutely bursting!

I didn't receive any instructions about how much to drink before my scan.
I drank a glass of water before leaving the house, and I had a bottle of juice with me that I sipped on the way and in the waiting room, and we had a fabulously clear scan :) I wasn't bursting to pee and was quite comfortable during the scan x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

did u have 2 wait a long time 2 b called for ur scan on was it about the same time they said

It was an hour after my original appt time lol.
So basically I drank a glass of water about 1hr 15mins before, and just sipped juice for an hour before. X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

OMG a hour !!! yikes saying that when I went for my booking appt I waited a good 45 mins after my appot time lol

I had mine yesterday and my letter said to drink a litre an hour before. My bladder was too full and baby couldn't move lol!! Then had to half empty it which I'd rather do than not have had enough! She told m to drink half the amount for next time! Good luck xx

i have a bladder of a two year even before pregnancy so now i need to go even if its a dribble! I am dreading this bit of the scan! simply because 2 years ago i had to have a scan and internal because i was going through investigations to why i couldnt concieve, no word of a lie i was crying my heart out waiting for the scan because i was in agony and needed to wee! i even went to the loo before my appointment because i couldnt hold it! that was the hardest bit stopping LOL. i think ill sip water (juice) throughout the morning and then go to the toilet about 1 hour before appointment (1:30) and keep sipping because i dont want to go through all that again lol

Good luck tomorrow! Bet you cant wait!
x

my bladder is weak 2 !!! so hope i ll b ok lol...have a fab scan 2mrw !!!

I'm dreading holding on to my wee tomorrow....my scan is at 4pm so I'm leaving work at 14.45pm to give me chance to get home and changed, freshen up in case I end up having an internal scan and then head on to the hospital. I'm aiming to have a wee before I leave work and then drink the bottle of water (about 1litre) before I get to the hospital.....fingers crossed that I don't have to empty half of it cos my muscles aren't that strong to hold on to anything!!!! lol

Good luck for your scan Mrz85!
x

ive got wait just over a week for my scan so im practising lol

I'm having my 12 week scan next week and have been specifically told not to have a full bladder??!!

I'm going to drink in the morning and then have a pee before I leave the house - it takes me 20 mins to get there - and hope for the best.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back