How much should I express?

SaraLouise

Reaction score
I'm getting my hair done on Monday and am leaving Harrison for the first time (anxioussss), how much do I need to express off to leave with him?

He will be 4 weeks 3 days, and I need to leave him with at least two feeds I think.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Ah lovely thankyou, he is feeding between 11 & 12 times per 24 hours so I guess ill leave him with 2x80ml bottles?

I just took lo with lol. And feed her when she needed it. I'd leave atleast two feeds for two hours x

Try him with a couple of bottles before then, give you an idea of how much he needs and that he will take a bottle xx

Sent from my new shiny iPhone using Tapatalk

He takes a bottle easily as I often top up with expressed milk after a feed as he's a very slow/sleepy feeder.

I'm thinking if I just express off as much as possible between now & then, then it should be okay!

A word of warning, bf isn't just about the amount LO needs, there's a comfort issue as well, and first time baby is left to feed with someone else they may feed a lot more than the calculator says.

The first few times I left DD we expected her to take 3oz per feed using the calculator, but she actually took 6! That last quite a while. The more you can leave the better really. X

I found my lo takes anything between 40 ml and 90 ml out of a bottle and can take up to a hr to take it. But only has about 8mins on the breast. Also after having a bottle he can be unsettled so I find if I leave him when I come back I have to offer him the breast for comfort to help relax and settle him. He's a lot more contented after a breastfeed then a bottle. I'm doing the same on Monday, having my hair done. I'll be leaving 2 100ml bottles and another 50ml one just incase. But hopefully he won't need all that. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back