How much milk??

kerrie89

Reaction score
How much milk were your LO's taking at two weeks old (my baby will be two weeks in Sunday)

I always worry she's not having enough or I wont know when she's supposed to be taking more

It depends on their weight, the guideline is 150 to 200mls per kilo. Michael was having 3 to 4 ounces every 3 to 4 hours at two weeks old. And its slowly increased from there. As long as your wee one is gaining weight then I wouldn't worry hun.

When Michael finished his bottle completely, I'd wait till he'd done this for three or four feeds and then make up an extra ounce the next time. Now he takes between 5 and 6 ounces a feed at 4 weeks and 3 days old. Thats how I did it xxx

Last edited:
Yeah, I agree. I followed the instructions on the formula to get a rough idea, but if she was leaving milk at the bottom or finishing it all and wanting more I'd adjust accordingly. Just let your baby lead you, they will let you know if they're getting enough by screaming when they're hungry and throwing up when they've been too greedy!! xx

Ruby would drain 5oz bottles every 2 hours she was a hungry baba xxxx

Thanks. I always make an ounce more than she takes so that its there if she wants it.

At the minute she's having between 3 and 4 oz every 4 hours xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back