How much milk is not enough?

DW1978

Reaction score
My poor baby is really suffering with this bronchitis. He's not sleeping well and is hardly eating, only taking 1, 2 or 3oz max at a time. Just looking back on my phone at his milk intake and he's only had 14oz since midnight. When should I start to worry about dehydration? Should I get him back to the Dr?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

That doesn't sound like much, poor little guy, are his nappies very wet? If they are pretty dry then he isn't getting enough fluids xxx

How old is ur LO (sorry phone doesn't show tickets), could you get him to take some water instead, maybe milk is too filling if he's poorly. Xxx

I agree offer water too, milk can be too heavy, are you still combination feeding? Was going to say offer the boob more as the fore milk is thirst quenching. If his nappys are dry though take him back to doctors x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Speak to your gp but I wouldn't offer water. He will need the nutritional value of milk and you don't want him to fill up on water. Just Let him keep having little and offer to keep him topped up. Plus speak to doctors to check what they think x

How old is ur LO (sorry phone doesn't show tickets), could you get him to take some water instead, maybe milk is too filling if he's poorly. Xxx

He was 16 weeks ok Monday. I've not tried him with water yet x

I agree offer water too, milk can be too heavy, are you still combination feeding? Was going to say offer the boob more as the fore milk is thirst quenching. If his nappys are dry though take him back to doctors x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

No, he refused the boob from 12 weeks x

That doesn't sound like much, poor little guy, are his nappies very wet? If they are pretty dry then he isn't getting enough fluids xxx

Some of his nappies are pretty dry compared to normal. His nappy this morning was quite wet but I've literally just changed him and he went to bed at 5pm yesterday x

Tbh with my experience of Bronchiolitis this winter with Sophia I would take him up to hospital to get him checked over. Usually the low intake of milk is due to the fact they are struggling to breath when feedin and therefore getting too tired. Sophia needed a feeding tube the last time she was in as her intake was low and she got to the point that she was struggling to keep it down. If he is not sleeping he's prob a little distressed with it, I know at night is when Sophia was worst and needed a little whiff of oxygen to settle. During the day she only needed it when feeding usually and then that improved. It can be quite nasty for them. Poor little man, hope he improves soon hun xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back