How much milk does ur baby have?

Bek234

Reaction score
I'm wondering if my lg is having enough milk!
The tub suggests 24oz in 24hrs but she never has that! The past two days she's had 18oz. She was 9lb 5 at 4wks (1week ago).
Her weight has been ok and HV hasn't been worried etc, I know that babies will take what they need but it just seems that everyone else's babies drink more lol so I was just wondering! Xx

Tapatalking. X

as long as her weights ok I wouldn't worry, some babies just need less than others. plus she's due to go through a growth spurt soon so u may find her intake suddenly increases anyway, either way if she was hungry she'd soon tell u!

James was taking around 28-32oz's per day from 7 weeks-ish. I always thought he was drinking far more than other babies lol...

He's always been 9-th - 25th centile.

As long as babies weight is OK and HV has no concerns I wouldn't worry.

Do you offer water at all?

xxxxxxx

Last edited:
I don't offer water as heard it can replace feeds and not suppose to until 6months?

X

Tapatalking. X

I don't offer water as heard it can replace feeds and not suppose to until 6months?

X

Tapatalking. X

I would check with HV, as I always thought FF babies can have water? (BF won't need any as they get the exact amount they need)

I've always offered James some but he is a milk monster :shock:

xxxxxxx

I think as long as you and your health visitor are ok with how she's doing then I wouldn't worry too much. I never paid any attention to what was in the sides of tubs, he just got what he needed. In my opinion babies are like us and sometimes have days when they are hungrier than others.

I didn't give Harry water until we started weaning, my health visitor said that formula is made with water so why would you give more? I don't know the ins and outs but something to do with too much sodium?
We had no issues with not giving water until 6 months anyway.

Thanks for replies :) we tried her with a tiny bit of water when we had the heat wave but she was sick after it so guessed she wasn't keen and haven't offered it since. X

Tapatalking. X

Bek i give Noah water inbetween feeds.. Only bout 2-3oz a day. mainly cos of the hot weather. Just cooled boiled water, he loves it. Both MW and HV said i should.

Just looking at the chart i keep of his feeds.. Hes had 15oz already today!

He has 3-4oz every 3-4hrs give ir take.. Stretch to 5hrs through the night. Hes a greedy boy!! Xx

It's not very hot here anymore, quite breezy!
Hallie has only had 11oz today and will prob only have 19 oz today :-/ I don't wanna give her water while she's not drinking as much milk as she 'should' but if it gets hot again I will do. Xx

Tapatalking. X

I think what shes having is fine hun. Its only average guidlines. N shes gaining weight so theres no issues! :) shes scrummy!!! Xx

My hv says 2.5 oz for every lb so my baby was 7lb 5oz last weigh in and should of been on 18 to 19 oz..x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back