how much milk at year old?

mum2A&L

Reaction score
sorry, another milk related question? how much milk do your LO's drink at about 12 months? Alice seems to have dropped right down to 2 7oz bottles a day, and even then, doesn't seem to really want to drink all of it. 5 oz if we are lucky, but every so often she will finish a 7oz'er.

Kate has an ounce or two at breakfast out her beaker but thats it! She was 1 this week and she would rather eat her grub than drink milk so I have given up stresssing about it and just made sure she has porridge with milk and yoghurts etc so she gets her calcium. :D

Gabs is hit and miss with milk really.

She normally has 6oz to 7oz in the morning; she has completely dropped her afternoon bottle but there are times when she wants it and she has 7oz to 8oz at night. But that said sometimes she takes less than this.

So, not much help there at all, sorry.

I can't believe Alice is nearly 1! :shock:

Jake has an 8oz bottle when he wakes up and then he has a 4oz bottle in the afternoon. I usually give him cereal made with milk at breakfast time though and one or two yogurts a day to make sure that he's getting enough calcium.

cheers ladies. the problem i have is, she won't let me feed her yogurts. she refuses to let me feed her. but she does love cheese, so i let her have that instead. Can you still get the yogurt things you used to be able to pop in a freezer? maybe if its hard enough for her to grib she can eat a yogurt that way. :think:
still, the drop in milk seems normal. :)
Tina & Gabs said:
I can't believe Alice is nearly 1! :shock:

i know! it goes way to quick doesn't it!! Hows gabs?

What about distracting her by giving her a piece of toast to handle and then slying a few spoonfuls of yoghurt in her gob? It works for me but you have done baby led weaning havent you so maybe she is more independant than my LO? Might be worth a try though? Little girls know what they want and what they dont, dont they?! :D

Sam&Alice said:
cheers ladies. the problem i have is, she won't let me feed her yogurts. she refuses to let me feed her. but she does love cheese, so i let her have that instead. Can you still get the yogurt things you used to be able to pop in a freezer? maybe if its hard enough for her to grib she can eat a yogurt that way. :think:
still, the drop in milk seems normal. :)
Tina & Gabs":2fundd12] I can't believe Alice is nearly 1! :shock:[/quote] i know! it goes way to quick doesn't it!! Hows gabs?[/quote:2fundd12] You can buy yogurts in tubes which you could freeze or you could by some ice lolly moulds and freeze some yogurt in them instead. If Alice is eating cheese though and taking some milk then I wouldn't worry too much. I have posted a link to another page so that you can see the other foods which contain calcuim such as green leefy vegetables. [url="http://www.eatwell.gov.uk/healthydiet/nutritionessentials/vitaminsandminerals/calcium/ said:
http://www.eatwell.gov.uk/healthydiet/n ... s/calcium/[/url]

Jam has 2 7oz bottles at bedtime, other than his brekkie thats all the milk he has!

he has 1 bottle sitting with us watching tv then we make him have another before we go to bed so he doesnt wake himself up later - took us a while to work it out but now he sleeps thru

I let Stephen have as much as he wants and at 3 he has at least a pint a day.
He was having at a year old a 9oz bottle in the morning,one after lunch and 2 before he went to bed and he drank them all - but he was huge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back