How much milk 14 month?

fluffycat

Reaction score
My boy is 14 months....how much milk should I be giving him? I have been doing 8oz in morning and night with a 4oz at about 4 o'clock. is this too much?

My little girl is 14 months too, & she does 6 ounces as soon as she wakes up and 8 ounces before bed at 8pm- the last few days she's had 6 ounces mid afternoon but she's really poorly at the moment xxx

If it's cows milk I think the recommendation is no more than 1 pint a day

The recommended is around 300mls of full fat cows milk. It's not too much your little man is having as long as he's also having a balanced diet and not at risk of obesity. If he's not eating great at meal times I'd cut down :) xx

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. It's full fat cows milk in giving him. I also give him a wheetabix with some milk for breakfast. Xx

I'd maybe cut down your milk in the morning then? We gave milk in a sippy cup from 12 months and then my son cut down the amount of milk he drank on his own by about 18 months xx

Also, i cannot for the life of me get him to take it out of anything other than a bottle!! Any advice how to transition to a sippy cup? He just pushed it away!! Thanks in advance....getting myself all stressed about it!! Xx

Try a cup that's similar to a bottle to try and ease him into it? Then slowly transition into a sippy? Or you could be mean like me and just bin the bottles :lol: My LO quickly learnt if he wanted milk he needed to drink out the cup. He refused milk for a day or 2 then accepted it. My friends little girl was still having 2 bottles a day at 3 and that thought scared me :lol: so I got rid of bottles just after he turned 1! And stop stressing hun. Some babies refuse milk completely once fully weaned and it's not a huge issue. I'm a children's nurse and have kids who still guzzle milk and others who refuse it. As long as he's still having a balanced diet there's no need to worry about milk intake. Even still having bottles right now isn't a huge deal, if it's causing you stress don't worry about it right now. Being a mummy is hard enough :hug: xx

I was just talking about my daughter on another thread. Basically my health visitor told me at 13 months to cut down from what I was giving ( 3 X 5oz bottle st 7am, 7pm and 10pm) to just one 5oz at 7pm. She said as long as she was having other calcium that would be fine and that she shouldn't be having as much as I was giving. Seems drastic to me but it's worked x

I give Felix one 5oz bottle for morning nap and another for afternoon nap, then he has 5oz of toddler milk at bedtime, he has cheese and stuff as well in between but he won't nap without milk so I don't plan on cutting it down xo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back