How much is too much stimulation?

OverTheMoon

Reaction score
I am having serious guilt trips about this. During the day I like to try and keep Connor stimulated by playing with him, reading to him, singing with him etc but sometimes I want a little 'me' time like to go on the internet or whatever. If I put him in his chair and go off to do something else I get this real overwhelming feeling of guilt that I should be doing things with him. But I don't want him to get too clingy. Also I am concerned that I might be 'over stimulating' him..... what do you girls think? Do you feel the same? How much of the day are you spending doing things with your baby? Please help as its driving me crazy I feel like a bad mum :(

If Ava is content playing by herself, I leave her to it. She usually starts fussing after 10 minutes so I go and pick her up then. If he's fine playing by himself, don't feel guilty...sounds like he gets tons of attention from his mommy! :)

dior plays for hrs on end with out moaning but wen she gets bored she crawls up to me and climbs up my legs its sweet so then we sit and av cuddles :) the last thing u want is a clingy baby so dont feel guilty we all need abit of "me time" and dior now blows kisses she will sit there playin then look at me and blow a kiss :) i love this age its amazing!

Aww thats soooo sweet! Yes I have decided I am maybe being a little bit paranoid I am just desperate for him to grow into a well adjusted little boy instead of a cling on!! But then again I don't want him to be so independent he doesn't need his mummy! :oops: Isn't motherhood such a learning curve...... always something to worry about lol :wink:
Thanks for your replies xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back