How much interest do you pay on your overdraft?

northerngirl

Reaction score
I just set up a £500 overdraft on my standard account with barclays, and if I go into my overdraft at all (within the limit) the charges are 79p a day.
Does that sound like a lot? My mum seems to think that's very expensive but I don't know really.
How much does everyone else pay when they go into their overdraft?

I always go in it at some point and pay about 9-11£ a month in charges but it used to be double that. I did get some refunded after I complained but I don't think it's worth it. I reckon I rather have like a tenner or up to fifty just in case there's a couple of quids not enough to not get anything bounced as that automatically is charged as 20£ at the time but I don't know if that's even possible!

Do you know how much a day you pay when you're in it? I don't think there'll ever be a time when I would be in it for more than a week say so it's not like i'd be paying £25 a month for it but still, just don't want to have a more expensive one if I could switch banks and get one with lower charges xo

I think my mums is a pound a day?

I stayed well clear of them and credit cards I'm a bit old fashioned in that I like to give cash or chip and pin and receive my goods. Don't like paying when I've had it but at times I could have used one.

I don't think 75p sounds like loads.

I once got a 20 charge as the bank paid something but got that refunded as I says it put me in difficulty. It was years ago mind I got something on iTunes not knowing I had no money so they charged me for using an unauthorized overdraft I was like if I don't have money don't pay for it? Simple!

xxxxx

Yeah I've asked around and it seems to vary so much that I'll just stick with it as it is.
I've avoided getting one at all costs but now it's our last option to be able to pay everything as our energy bills have gone up, nightmare!
xo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back