How much input?

Pinkprincess23

Reaction score
Does you OH have on the decisions you make about your LO. I do alot of research about the upbringing of children and whenever I tell him someting he just says whatever you think is best. Does any of your OH disagree with the choices you make? Sometime I think he will just agree with whatever I tell him!:wall2:

I do alot of research too & put alot of thought into things. My OH couldn't care less tbh. Unless its something big. He tends to just agree with me, which is good, not so good if I want some constructive advice. Coz he just says....whatever you think

:roll:

yeah thats what I get or .....you know best! I plan on doing BLW but i went on a weaning course in my area that is about TW just so I can getan idea on both sides and when I told him about the course he said.....I thought you were doing that other 1 the 1 where they feed themselves! It just really annoys me that I do all the hard work. I just want the best for our LO and he just seems to be happy to sit back and let me make the desicions!

my OH is the same, its annoying sometimes, as if...he doesn't care as much as me or something, but I try & remind myself - think how it would be if it was the other way around & OH wanted to make all the decisions & you didn't get a look in. Men think that women automatically know these things. Like...when my LO cries OH is always on at me....whats wrong with him, what does he want ect - i'm like...i dont know!! loool hang on while i get my crystal ball

:roll:

yeah your right there! Sometimes if my LO is having a little moan...not crying but just a general moan and he has just gotten in from work he will be like is she due a feed or nappy change!.....sometimes im sure my head will blow off when he says that! Makes it worse as she feeds pretty much exactly the same time every day!

I had this with my other half and he basically says that as he's working all the time and doesn't spend as much time with Charlie as much as as me so he doesn't know what's best...I'm sure they care they just don't know, whereas we as mums HAVE to know lol. Silly men, they don't know much do they x

My OH does a lot of research himself but as we know there is conflicting advice and sometimes he insists we do something whereas I disagree coz I'm with Will all day and know better, I can't complain tho, it's good to have his input. Tell Ur OH u want a bit more interest xx

yeah your right there! Sometimes if my LO is having a little moan...not crying but just a general moan and he has just gotten in from work he will be like is she due a feed or nappy change!.....sometimes im sure my head will blow off when he says that! Makes it worse as she feeds pretty much exactly the same time every day!

I get that except he just picks him up even if I'm leaving him to settle himself! I don't like saying anything as he's spent all day missing him!

apparently im really lucky as phil is very proactive about decision making and tbh we both do the research and we eboth think of 'answers' and we both set up a plan on how to tackle it!! but we're like that about EVERYTHING!! I think littlemiss is right though a lot of men just assume women know whats going on etc!!

Nope ted couldn't care less and just says do what I think is best as I'm the one with her all the time which atm isn't true.

I've been in childcare for 11 years so have a lot of experience. OH pretty much leaves me to it with regards to day to day decisions with Jack but he's had alot of input along the way. He helped to choose his cotbed, his travel system, what formula milk we chose for jack, when we thought he was ready to wean etc. He's very hands on and will change him if he thinks he needs changing, he plays with him fantastically too. He's not good with feeding Jack food but that could be because Jack's so used to me feeding him that he masses about lol. He's also not confident bathing him yet but says he can't wait until he can sit in the bath for hours and play with Jack & his toys :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back