How much food??

I like this thread too!

For brekkie yesterday Harry had

Half pear and about 2 fingers of eggy bread

Lunch was late as we were at baby group so more of a snack- petit filous yoghurt and a biscotti biscuit

And for tea he had some pasta and rice pudding

Bit if a mixed up day but need to do some food shopping!

Ok am I not feeding Macy enough???

She has a bottle when she wakes up of 7oz
11am - porridge
2pm - milk 6oz
5pm - a jar and pudding jar
7:30 4oz

Should I take a bottle out more food. I'm confused.

Macy is 7months (8 months on the 12th nov).

My HV told me they should be getting 1 pint (20 oz) of milk a day, and this can include milk in food eg what you make the porridge with. But it doesn't look like she has too much milk anyway? Have you tried offering her three meals a day? Will she take it?

Ok am I not feeding Macy enough???

She has a bottle when she wakes up of 7oz
11am - porridge
2pm - milk 6oz
5pm - a jar and pudding jar
7:30 4oz

Should I take a bottle out more food. I'm confused.

Macy is 7months (8 months on the 12th nov).

Do you not give lunch? I don't know if its right or wrong etc but I give T 3 meals a day now, she's 7 months next week.

yeah alyssa has 3 meals a day and a snack usually too, so far today shes had 3/4 of a banana in ready brek and 2 slices of toast for lunch, 1 with jam on it and half a pack of skips. i will be taking a fruit pot out with us for later and she will have a dinner about 5pm

Ok I will give her more now. No I wasn't but I know she will eat it. She eats anything, at anytime.
Now I feel bad.

Lunch it is for her.

lol dont feel bad, the aim is to havethem having 3mealsand 2 snacks a day by 12 months thats all. tor my lyssa is in 12-18 month clothes as well so your not alone there :)

dont feel bad hun, its really tough to know what the right thing to do is when theres no real guidelines.

yesterdays food -

Breakfast - porridge

Lunch - cauliflower with cheese sauce (mashed) 1/2 a banana

dinner - roast chicken (blended) with sweetcorn (blended) fruit pot for pudding

snacks - organix carrot sticks

Yesterday we had

Breakfast- half weetabix
Snack- quarter of a pear
Lunch- fruit and a crumpet
Tea- chicken dinner- chicken, potatoes, carrots and celery followed by half sachet Ella's oat crumble

Plus milk on waking at bedtime with a couple of smaller feeds in between

Don't feel bad hun, sorry if I've done that.

You just have to do what you think is right with this one.

Although my T is offered lunch, she often doesn't eat that much of it as I like her to feed herself as much as poss.

Loving all these meal ideas!! Yesterday:

Breakfast: Baby porridge with apple and mango icecube sized fruits in it
Lunch: half an Ella's pork dinner pouch + fromage frais
Dinner: Egg sandwich, cheesy pastry star and a few strawberries (we were out at a christening so she had buffet!!) lol

Loving the buffet tea- I love a buffet- always an excuse to go round a few times!!

usually Max has the following...

breakfast- 5oz milk then weetabix/malt wheats made with 2oz milk

lunch: 1 slice toast (no crusts) with either hoops, beans, ravioli, dairylea or jam, half a dessert like the Hipp apple/pear pudding or half pot of custard. followed by 4oz milk

snack: 7oz milk followed by fresh fruit, a fruit pot and/or organix carrot sticks

dinner: baby pasta and sauce, half a jar/sachet, or a small portion of my dinner blended (so spag bol, sausage casserole, curry etc etc even though hes not overly keen on my blended homemade meals he rarely eats alot of it), followed by a yoghurt (little stars) and a biscuit

bedtime; 6-7oz bottle

i think Max eats the most and im worried im overfeeding him lol!!!!

I find the little pasta stars are very good and easily done. He has them with some Tuna and maybe some cheese mixed in :) or I make a very simple bolognese sauce: onions, mince beef, tinned tomatoes, mixed herbs and a bit of garlic. He loves it :)
Also for winter you can make stews, using sweet potato, parsnips, carrots, swede, and whatever meat you like :) and a baby stock cube x

i really want to try those tiny baby pasta things, think i seen them in boots?

thanks for that princess i did wonder if it was ok to use tinned tomatoes for making a sauce for them.

Yes I think boots do sell them but I get them from sainsburys.
Just check the salt content in the tomatoes that you use, most are "trace" so nothing to worry about x

feeding is proper stressing me out...up until about a week ago she was a great little eater and would let me feed her from a spoon and it was easy....then she stopped feeding from a spoon. Just will not entertain it at all and started screaming if i came near her with a spoon! So now we are going down the BLW route and i am terrified...i have no idea how much she should be having, what i can give her...is she getting the right nutrients etc...its so stressful :( I suppose i just have to trust her to eat what she wants/needs. Funnily enough, she will still allow me to feed her her petit filous or fruit puree!!!! xx

feeding is proper stressing me out...up until about a week ago she was a great little eater and would let me feed her from a spoon and it was easy....then she stopped feeding from a spoon. Just will not entertain it at all and started screaming if i came near her with a spoon! So now we are going down the BLW route and i am terrified...i have no idea how much she should be having, what i can give her...is she getting the right nutrients etc...its so stressful :( I suppose i just have to trust her to eat what she wants/needs. Funnily enough, she will still allow me to feed her her petit filous or fruit puree!!!! xx

Aw :hugs:

I'm sure she'll come round eventually.

It's amazing how they pretend they are full and then when they clap eyes on the petit filious there mouth opens like a baby bird lol.

Thought I'd give this a bump up!

Brekkie- banana porridge and he munched on a couple of apple slices

Lunch- omelette with cheese- prob ate around half followed by petit Filous

Tea- bean soup and a coupe of sticks of roasted sweet potatoe but don't think he ate much of them

About 5 spoons of an Ella's oat crumble

Good bump

breakfast - peach porridge

lunch - beef casarole ( left overs) , strawberry puree

dinner - mince&pots and yogurt for pudding ( didnt eat much at dinner)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back