How much food??

Nurse 26

Reaction score
Hey ladies

just wondering how much your lo's are eating at 6/7 months? sometimes i struggle to know how much go prepare and give, we started at 5.5 months and now on 3 meals a day.

maybe an example of what they eat in a day? would love some ideas for meals too as i feel like sometimes i keep giving too much of the same things. we are doing a mix of TW and BLW, he LOVES finger foods and is really good at chewing now.

we have done all the fruits, veg, pasta, eggs and a little chicken which he is all fine with.

Thanks

T had today:

Breakfast - about 10/12 shredded wheats which some ended on the floor softened with a bit of cows milk.

Lunch - a crumpet with Philadelphia. Which she maybe ate 2/3 of. Plus some orange segments and a few slithers of apple.

Snacks 2 rice cakes and a biscotti

Dinner - 3 broccoli florets, 3 chips of parsnip, a few beans and a bit of baked potato. Plus half an orange for desert

Thanks TOR.

Today we had

Breakfast - porridge (about 7/8 spoonfuls) apple puree (about 5 spoonfuls)

Lunch - cheesy mashed potatoes (4 spoons) 2 chunks of melon and 1/4 of a banana

Dinner - boiled egg mashed (only had 3 spoonsful as not keen on it yet) with toast (mostly ended up on floor) and a yogurt for pudding.

I'm struggling with meals a little bit as I want to encourage her to feed herself as much as possible but the things I eat aren't suited to that really. We eat a lot of soups and stew and cottage pie etc and they don't lend themselves to blw

ah ye, thats tricky! our problem is OH works late so we eat late. find it easier at weekends when we can all eat at the same time and i do more proper home cooking, during the week im too lazy and most of our meals arent suitable for him. i do freeze things but i really need to do more.

It is tough this feeding business. Lol. You have to be organised, which I am not!

Ohhh, like this thread. I don't think E eats all that much so was really interesting to see what yours have. I'm wondering if I should down her milk a bit more to encourage more solids as she doesn't eat quite as much as yours.

:shock: no point in me saying what cam eats compared to your lo's. He eats like a horse!!

I have a greedy greedy baby I think.

She never refuses anything. She will eat and eat and eat :shock:

I have been meaning to post about portion sizes for a while cos I wasn't sure of she was having too much or not.

We aren't fully blw, so I spoon feed some things. If she's having that she might have a full pouch size portion.

The milk has dropped right down though . She gets fed only 3 times a day now.

I hope she is getting the right amount. I might get her weighed this week to see how that's going

wow, thats great she only feeds 3 times a day now, harry still has 4/5 BF's but hes only small so i figure he still needs it. i have noticed him taking much more food over the last few days, tricky when you dont know how much milk hes getting. if we are out and about i use the ellas kitchen pouches and he will take about half a 7 month+ one then maybe a bit of fruit.

Helly do you do milk before food or after? harry now has his milk then about 1.5 - 2hours later his food, found hes eating the most like that.

She has a milk feed at 7, breakfast at 9, milk at 10.30, lunch at 12.30, milk at 2.30, snack if she wants it around 4pm (she rarely does want it) then tea at 6pm with a bottle at 7.45pm before bed. She gets 4 bottles of 5oz but quite often doesn't drain them, so is probably taking around 17/18oz a day. I wasn't sure if this was too much milk but HV said 20oz a day. But I'm not sure how much is in the food she gets? She has 1oz for breakfast on cereal and normally at least one fromage frais a day and some cheese.

He has weetabix (1.5) with 9oz milk in the morning :shock:

Lunch is something like pasta starts with sauce and some tuna or chicken. He has maybe a pot of fruit purée after.

Dinner can be all sorts. He has roast if we are having one. Jacket potato with a small amount of beans and soya cheese. He had bangers and mash with onions the other day lol. He has a soya pudding after dinner usually as I'm concerned about his calcium being allergic to dairy.

If I go to a cafe he'll have a slice of toast lol.

He might have a banana mid-morning and he has 9oz milk before bed x

I have a really fat baby nurse. Lol. She must weigh about 23lbs now :shock:

She won't be withering away that I am sure.

Got Evie weighed last week, 20lbs 4oz!!! Am worried as she has shot up the centiles, although last time they did her length it was in proportion to her height so they said that was ok?

That can't be too bad surely Helly? Have you had her measured?

I had T weighed a month back and she was more than that. I think it was 20lb 9oz and she was just under the 99.6th line :faint:

my kid is in 12-18 month clothes!!!!

I'm starting to worry she is obese :(

That's what I'm worried about! She started off on the 25th centile but was a week early and I had an inside out placenta which may have affected her slightly. She is now just above the 91st centile, and when she was measured for her length last month that was also just over the 91st centile. I struggle with my weight and don't want to stress or pass my issues on to her. Sorry for the thread hijack nurse!!!

my little tiddler was 15lb a couple of weeks ago :blush: hes still in 3-6 month clothes. he does like his grub though :lol: dont know where he puts it all, although he has massive feet like his dad.

tilly does have the best chops :lol:

yesterdays food -

Breakfast - porridge (10 spoons)

Lunch - toast with cheese spread, only eat about a quarter, organix fruit pot

Dinner - chicken ( blended) 5 spoons and sweet potato, yogurt

snacks - organix sweetcorn rings, melon

Today E had:

Breakfast: Half a baby weetabix with cows milk, plus one icecube size of pear and one of nectarine mixed in - ate it all.

Lunch: Half a small tin of wholewheat low salt low sugar spaghetti hoops, with one cube of sweet potato and one of butternut squash, plus some cheddar cheese melted in (she ate 3/4 of it). Grape quarters for pud (she probably only ate about 2 grapes in total!!

Tea: A mini portion of casserole and mashed veg that I'd frozen from when we had it the other night (ramekin dish size) and a fromage frais for pud.

This plus 4x5oz bottles (although she probably only drank about 16oz of these). Offered her an Ella's kitchen apple and ginger cookie thing at 4pm as a snack but she wasn't interested so I ate it!! ha ha!

I like this thread as it's giving me ideas for different meals!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back