how much fluid do i need?

lisa&alex

Reaction score
i keep waking with a headache..im drinking about 2-3 litres a day easily.. but im constipated to..so im guessing i must be dehydrated?? how much fluid do i actually need to drink to breastfeed???

I try to aim for a good 4-5 pints and DS is older, so I'd aim for 4 litres if I were you and see how things go :hug:

i find breast-feeding makes me SO thirsty. its not too bad anymore as millie also has 3 meals solids and 1 bottle formula now i only give 4 little BFs, but when i was exclusively BFing giving about 8 big BFs a day i had 2 drink LOADS. i wouldnt be surprised if i got thru 3 or 4 litres a day back then. u can tell if ur dehydrated by looking at ur pee it should be clear not yellow, if its yellow ur dehydrated.

I was recommended by the MW that you should drink 3-4litres a day of water when you are breastfeeding. This is nearly double the normal recommended intake.

I used to have to take 2 big glasses of water to bed with me plus a 0.5litre bottle of water and I used to finish most of that! Now as I only feed Ellie just before bed and during the night if she wakes for it, I am down to 2 medium sized glasses of water a night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back