How much does your LO drink a day?

Leah04x

Reaction score
I've posted about this before, but Ethan and his eating/drinking is getting worse!

He's now weaned and is having three good sized meals per day. He only has 2 bottles a day (was 3, but he's decided to completely refuse his lunchtime one). I make up 7oz at a time, but he very rarely takes that much - usually it's 4/5oz in the morning and 4/5oz before bed. He also has about 5oz of water which he sips on throughout the day.
I try and give him lots of dairy in his diet to make up for his lack of formula. I find myself most days trying to top up by 10oz through giving him yoghurts, cheese, milk in cereal etc and it's so difficult to give him a varied diet.
Lately, he's also been refusing his cereal in the morning which has made it harder as I usually manage to sneak in 3oz formula into that.
He's just not a fan of milk at all!

He's a happy, thriving baby, but I worry that he's not taking enough fluids? Especially seeing that the warmer weather is on its way.

How much milk and water do your LOs drink per day?

xx

Aaron is a fussy bugger too - and I'm sure he thinks everything tastes of cheese :lol:

I offer him 3 x 7oz bottles a day. On average he takes 5-6 oz out of the morning and evening ones and sometimes the same out of the afternoon one, but he has refused that on occassion.

I'm still struggling to get him to drink water. I can only get him to drink it from a bottle atm

Aaron is a fussy bugger too - and I'm sure he thinks everything tastes of cheese :lol:

I offer him 3 x 7oz bottles a day. On average he takes 5-6 oz out of the morning and evening ones and sometimes the same out of the afternoon one, but he has refused that on occassion.

I'm still struggling to get him to drink water. I can only get him to drink it from a bottle atm

It's a bloody nightmare isn't it?! Haha bless him.. I'm pretty sure Ethan's thoughts are: 'Not another fromage frais mum?!!' :lol:
I'm stuck between offering him a balanced, varied diet and making sure he gets the recommended amount of milk. If I made sure he got the recommended amount of milk everyday, he'd be having weetabix and fromage frais for breakfast, lunch & dinner! LOL.

I really struggled with Ethan to get him to drink water from a beaker. I just persevered and offered it at every mealtime, then a few days ago, he just picked it up and started guzzling it!

xx

James has 37 oz's a day

An 8fl oz bottle first thing and last thing and x3 7fl oz bottles throughout the day.

He is weaning but currently not taking much food.

He's always been really consistent and a good feeder.

xxxxxxxxx

James has 37 oz's a day

An 8fl oz bottle first thing and last thing and x3 7fl oz bottles throughout the day.

He is weaning but currently not taking much food.

He's always been really consistent and a good feeder.

xxxxxxxxx

Ahh I wish! I'd be happy if Ethan took half of that lol..
Ethan is absolutely brilliant when it comes to actual food, but it's a constant battle to get any milk down him..
xx

What time do u give his meals and milk? How about a his 'lunchtime' one at 2:30-3 as a bit of a snack before tea?

We are going through a leap and what I think is a growth spurt and C is BFing and sleeping like a new born! I would be concerned but he hasn't got a temp and has definitely grown.

Normally we are in three full feeds during the day and an annoying 2am 'snack' at night!! Xx

B has a 3/4oz bottle in the morning and a 5/6oz bottle at night but drinks anywhere between 9 and 12 oz of water a day.

just because I think this is the first time Freya has been taking more than the average, I am going to post!!

she has 2 x 8oz bottles (first and last thing) and 2 x 7oz bottles inbetween. I also give her juice or water from a beaker, and I would say she only really takes around 75mls a day. We are working on this though, I would like her to take a lot more.

she has also started waking for an 8oz bottle at 4am again. Argh!

she also has 3 meals a day now and some "snacky" things mid afternoon.

I am waiting for her to want to drop a bottle soon. She has been a brilliant little eater since she caught rotavirus! weird huh. x

What time do u give his meals and milk? How about a his 'lunchtime' one at 2:30-3 as a bit of a snack before tea?

Its generally:
7am - 7oz bottle (takes 4 or 5oz)
8am - Breakfast e.g Porridge with 3oz milk, fruit loaf with butter & fruit
9:30-12:30 - Nap
12:30pm - Lunch - e.g Cheese omelette with some cherry tomatoes, fresh fruit & raisins
3:30pm-4:30pm - Nap
4:30pm - Dinner - e.g. Beef stew with veggies, fromage frais and fresh fruit
7:30pm - 7oz bottle (again, takes 4 or 5oz)

I'm gonna try and bring the 3rd bottle back in.. I'll try giving it later on in the afternoon as you suggested! Thanks xx

just because I think this is the first time Freya has been taking more than the average, I am going to post!!

she has 2 x 8oz bottles (first and last thing) and 2 x 7oz bottles inbetween. I also give her juice or water from a beaker, and I would say she only really takes around 75mls a day. We are working on this though, I would like her to take a lot more.

she has also started waking for an 8oz bottle at 4am again. Argh!

she also has 3 meals a day now and some "snacky" things mid afternoon.

I am waiting for her to want to drop a bottle soon. She has been a brilliant little eater since she caught rotavirus! weird huh. x

Aww Lynds, that's so good she's eating so much now! Not so good about the 4am bottle though :lol: - saying that, at the moment I wouldn't mind doing a night feed every night to get some milk into my stubborn little boy! xx

Daisy Grace takes 3x8oz bottles. I always offer solids first and an hour later milk. Dont know why she wont have it the other way round. Sometimes she leaves an oz or two but mostly now she had her milk ok. Xx

tapatalking

I worry about Drake's drinking. He was on 2 7 oz bottles and 1 8 oz bottle a day and having about 5 oz of v dilute squash through the day. He's now not finishing any of his milk or squash bottles, probably leaving 3 oz of each bottle. He also only has 2 meals a day, he's just not interested in a breakfast.

His routine is something like:

10 am - offered 7 oz - leaves about 3 oz
1230 pm - half a 10 month jar (about 125 g) of food followed by a fruit pot
Sleeps between 30 mins and 1 hr 45 mins
430 pm - offered 8 oz - leaves 2 or 3 oz, occasionally will have a banana after
Sleeps 30 to 60 mins
730 pm - home cooked finger food (about 100 g) eg chicken, broccoli, carrot, potato and pepper followed by a fromage frais
930 pm - offered 7 oz - leaves at least 3 oz.
Squash is offered at both meals and in between, but he only drinks between 1 and 5 oz through the day.

I think part of the reason I worry so much tho is because I'm always being told I don't drink enough.

Katie has only just started to taste foods like baby porridge for her dinner time.
However she still dosen't have more than 4 1/2 oz per feed during the day.

I wouldn't worry- my boy is just like this. He rarely drinks, so I just try and offer it as often as I remember- they do drink when they are thirsty, and they take fluid from food still.

He has a bottle in morning and one in evening (tho have to try get him off bottles now he is 14 months but he wont drink milk from all his different free flow beakers).

I mainly give water, but at times put squash in there on days he is being fussy. He tends to drink loads if it is his nephews bottle in the room (they do have same bottles too lol) they always want someone elses drink, even when it has the same fluid!

I find a great way is for him to drink some of my water from my glass, and to also use normal plastic cups for him at meals -he sometimes spills it everywhere to play, but lots of the time he likes drinkin from the grown up cups!

One thing I have found Drake likes is to drink his squash from a normal glass, but using an ordinary drinking straw, if its a small glass I just cut the straw down a bit.

I tried loads of beakers and cups. The only one Kaiden will drink from is a dr browns one from boots. It has a special valve in it so it won't come out when tipped up, only when he sucks the spout. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370152761.610410.jpgthis one, he drinks half to a full cup everyday xx

I tried loads of beakers and cups. The only one Kaiden will drink from is a dr browns one from boots. It has a special valve in it so it won't come out when tipped up, only when he sucks the spout. View attachment 38073this one, he drinks half to a full cup everyday xx

Tia I've got one of them and I found it leaks when tipped up. :(

I tried loads of beakers and cups. The only one Kaiden will drink from is a dr browns one from boots. It has a special valve in it so it won't come out when tipped up, only when he sucks the spout. View attachment 38073this one, he drinks half to a full cup everyday xx

Tia I've got one of them and I found it leaks when tipped up. :(

Really? Mine doesn't the only time I found it did was when the spout wasn't sitting right after I washed it xx

Ill have to try it again, but I've tried it a few times :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back