how much does life change?

annem

Reaction score
well things have changed loads for me since finding out i was preg but i was just wondering how much being a mum really changes your life?

have you seen a massive change in yourself since being a mummy? :D

god yeah... lol

i'm more confident now, knowing there's someone else i'm responsible for and i want things to be just as i want them.

my priorities have changed too - now i don't mind if i look a bit riffy/have a weird sleep pattern/don't drink as much. i'm much happier now than i was :)

i couldnt imagine life without ellie now. i sometimes think back to how i coped when she was a baby when i first brought her home, and i always used to panic about every stage like changing foods to solids , potty training etc etc but you just cope its almost like a normal way of life for me now

leckershell said:
god yeah... lol

i'm more confident now, knowing there's someone else i'm responsible for and i want things to be just as i want them.

my priorities have changed too - now i don't mind if i look a bit riffy/have a weird sleep pattern/don't drink as much. i'm much happier now than i was :)

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: yup... you're pretty selfish and self centred before you have a kid... and then you just can't be any more. All of a sudden you are playing the role of mummy and as everyone knows that is a very important role in anybodies life... and how you play that role will dictate how you create the adult your baby will one day become.

Your baby comes first.. you miss out on loads of things... your dreams become replaced by their dreams... but you are so much happier... :)

For me it chnaged alot... as i became a single mum when Keeley was three months old...

My life is more manic(sp) and my house is more messy and i'm nearly always late :oops:
But i love it i'm more content n happy then i've ever been. i love the fact the keeley depends on me :) i wouldn't change it for the world :D

I agree with Nic about being late! It takes 3 or 4 times longer to get out the house and the baby times it PERFECTLY with wanting a nappy change or feeding!!! :rotfl:

I think that the biggest change to me is losing my independence (well until I get more confident going out) in that I can't just pop into the shops and buy a loaf of bread because you have to think about getting the baby into the car and then whether you get the whole pram out or just the car seat and if I go into town then I am very conscious that I have about a 3 hour time slot before the baby need feeding/changing!

It does change, I now think what the hell did i do with my time before I had a baby??!! But it is the best change, after a few weeks it all becomes kinda normal. I wouldn't change it for anything, even sleep :lol:

Sweetcheeks24 said:
It does change, I now think what the hell did i do with my time before I had a baby??!! But it is the best change, after a few weeks it all becomes kinda normal. I wouldn't change it for anything, even sleep :lol:

I think that too :lol:

omg iv changed LOADS!

i was really selfish, reckless, irresponsible etc b4 i got pg, i was a heavy drugs user and party girl. obviously i quit the lifestyle when i found out i was pregas, but i was still selfish and a bit irresponsible.

iv amazed my boyf and family (and myself!) at how iv taken on motherhood. im really dedicated and millie is everything, shes number one. i am more thoughtful and sensible now im definately a nicer person.

It changes irreversibly obviously, but don't think you need to lose sight of yourself completey.

As others have said your time disappears, and your capacity for love grows more than you could ever realise, but my life isn't solely devoted to Stanley's needs: I still find time to look after myself and have fun too, it just takes juggling :D

I have also become the world's most forgetful person!!!

I have also become the world's most forgetful person!!!

Squiglet said:
leckershell said:
god yeah... lol

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: yup... you're pretty selfish and self centred before you have a kid... and then you just can't be any more. All of a sudden you are playing the role of mummy and as everyone knows that is a very important role in anybodies life... and how you play that role will dictate how you create the adult your baby will one day become.

Your baby comes first.. you miss out on loads of things... your dreams become replaced by their dreams... but you are so much happier... :)

I think this post is spot on :D

i love bein mummy, its the best thing Iv ever done!!! :cheer: :cheer:

my life changed massively, my family disowned me for bein pg but its them missin out on my lil Jam man - not me!!! :shakehead:

life has changed a hell of a lot for me. but knowing that jayla depends on me makes me so happy.
i think in these 11 weeks ive grown up a hell of a lot and become more confident.
ahhhh i love being a mummy :D
( not sure if my OH life has changed much though)

Just like everyone else has said, everything changes. But I wouldn't change it back for all the world. Even at 3am.

your whole life changes, you can't do the things you want to all the time. So life becomes settled :rotfl: :rotfl:

I changed hugely after having James, it made me a lot less selfish and more responsible.
I feel much more content since having him and my life feels alot more complete. You're life does change hugely but as you change with it, it doesn't feel like you're missing out on anything you can no longer do. You're priorities change.

Sometime I look back and think it's weird that this time last year I didn't know I was pregnant, and OH and I spent our free time down the pub or having a laugh with his housemates and not taking life too seriously at all. Now everything's different and I love having our own little family and moving on to the next stage in our lives - none of our friends have kids and are still into going clubbing, getting hammered, etc, and it feels nice to have got past that.
It was a huge adjustment for us when Cara arrived, especially as she wasn't planned but I can't imagine life without her now. The main thing for me was, like someone already said, the loss of independence and not being able to do exactly what I wanted when I wanted, but you learn to work around baby and involve them in everything too. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back