How many weeks???

PurplePixi

Reaction score
Were you when you made your first purchase.

I'm just gone 12 weeks and the urge to buy stuff is very strong. I don't want to tempt fate so will hold off a while longer.

Has anyone caved super early? Xx

Have you had your 12 week scan? We started buying after that. Don't think it's tempting fate but its just good sense to start early and spread the cost!! Hehe xx

I bought a bit in the next sale, but I've got a niece arriving 1 August, and my 2 best friends are due sept and October.. So I've told myself its for them, but when I find out if all ok with us i'll keep some. I've also got a loft full of girl stuff from my daughter.

When do you start ordering the big stuff? Heard it takes a while for some of it to get delivered, but don't want to order too late.

I think for the big stuff il start after 20 week scan as think it can take a while. It's just too tempting when you see cute little outfits and booties I suppose there is no harm in a few small purchases just now what will be will be :) xxx

Second baby so not had to buy anything really *sniff*

Was so much fun first time round. I'm pretty sure we bought a snow suit last time after our 12 week scan. Then after the 20 week scan we pretty much ordered the pushchair and other big things the next day.

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

We are off to Vegas the day after my 12 week scan, so trying to figure out how to con my husband in to buying lots of stuff over there. Cheap basics. Can't go wrong!

we dont want anything in the house until the baby is born. we'll be painting the nursery and things but anything they DO buy is getting kept at my mums until its time. we probably wont buy until 20 weeks though. also, were going to keep things gender neutral. were not even sure if we want to know the sex yet or not.

i bought some baby hats at about 4-5 weeks! and got my pram and a cot at about 10-11 weeks as my local mothercare shut down and i couldnt resist the massive discounts!! i think you should buy whenever you feel comfortable, how early that is is upto you :) xxx

We waited till 25 weeks as that's viability day but everyone is different xxx

Ill wait till 12 week scan to buy clothes- reason being last scan we had we found out baby died at 7 weeks

Will start on nursery after that- re plastering it etc and painting it neutral ( team yellow )

Then will buy the big stuff after 20 week scan/ V day :)

With my first pregnancy i brought everything from my dating scan @ 11 weeks and had everything including pram cot highchair by 19 weeks.

This time i brought a few sleepsuits when ttc and i made my first purchase on thursday so 14 n half weeks i got myself a yummy mummy pink lining changing bag as ive fell in love with it. I dont want buy anything until my 20 week scan now hopefully as im petrified :/ xx

I got a few teeny bits after 12 week scan (I had mine at 10 weeks), but then got private sexing scan at 16 weeks and started to go a bit mad! We bought all the soft furnishings for nursery, moses basket and some little blue clothes.

I didnt get any big things till about 25 weeks which is when we got nursery furniture, pram about 10 weeks ago too.

The urge drove me mad, next time think I will just go with the flow and buy things as and when I see them :)

I started buying as soon as I found out. By the time I was 10 weeks I had already bought the pram, car seat, electric steriliser and microwave steriliser, 4 boxes of nappies and a whole load of clothes. I didnt feel like I was tempting fate. I look at it as though if something was going to go wrong it will do regardless of buying things or not x

This is my 2nd pregnancy so fortunately we don't need a lot this time round! I bought myself a new change bag at about 16 weeks! Decided this time round I wanted a nicer one than the Boots freebie!! X

I started buying as soon as I found out. By the time I was 10 weeks I had already bought the pram, car seat, electric steriliser and microwave steriliser, 4 boxes of nappies and a whole load of clothes. I didnt feel like I was tempting fate. I look at it as though if something was going to go wrong it will do regardless of buying things or not x

I don't see it as tempting fate- just a waste of money if something happens like it did last time- so no harm in us waiting- got loads of time to buy things :)

Either way if something did go wrong they could always be taken back and refunded but that's just me i like to have everything organised, I'm 30 weeks now and have everything I need so can relax for the next 10 weeks :)

9 weeks we brought two small things. 11 weeks we brought cotbed! Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300

Hi,

I'm not planning on buying everything till I'm about 6 months, but my best friend said that I should write a list down of things I need so I am and then will start saving. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back